Chapter 16~Belle Of The Ball!

Selena was excited as well as nervous. Today she was going to be opening for Michael. The king of pop. She was also making her big come back concert after having been shot and left for dead. She was trying to get over the nervous feeling. And let herself enjoy the excited feeling.

She knew her fans would be thrilled to see her. She also was going to sing "Dreaming OF You" with Michael as a duet song. Fans had no idea about it.

She was sure they were all going to love it when they did the duet together. They worked so hard on making the song work. And it did. Chris did not even mind that they were singing the song together. He said they sounded fantastic.

Selena leans on the bathroom sink. She kept thinking about the last time she was at a concert in Texas. And Yolanda was hoovering about. How evil that woman turned out to be. Someone she trusted. Who else worked for her and secretly hated her? How many others? She could not shake this feeling. Yolanda was getting in her head these days. And Selena was letting her.

She had not even told Michael nor Chris about her mixed feelings that were bothering her inside.

"Selena are you ready? It is nearly time for the concert. The press wants photos of you and Michael together" Chris asks as he knocks lightly on the bathroom door.

"I will be right there Chris" she vows.

"You can do this Selena" she pep talks herself softly. "Nothing to it. You did it before. And you are so ready for this. Yolanda can't take this from you" she says a gentle reminder.

"Selena? You okay?" Chris asks as he comes in the bathroom.

Tears water in her eyes.

"I will be. I will" she vows. Her hand were shaking.

"Selena you are shaking" he exclaims.

He takes her in his embrace. She lets him hold her. She needed comfort right now at a trying time.

"I will be fine" she states to him.

"We can call this off Selena" he says. "you can rest" he tells her.

She shakes her head. "No, the fans are waiting for me. And Michael needs me" she argues. "you guys need this come back to" she says.

"But your health comes first Selena" he argues. "I don't want to push you"

"I know Chris. No one is pushing me" she declares.

"Are you pushing yourself to hard?" he asks her.

She shakes her head. "I was just thinking about the last concert we did back in Texas. And how Yolanda was there. That I never knew she hated me so much. What if others hate me? I did not know she hated me" Selena says in a shaky voice.