Chapter 30~Books

Chapter 30~Books

Selena could not believe she was off work and at home at Neverland . Selena smiled as she sat on the back deck overlooking the huge land that Michael owned. She saw why he loved it here so much. She could not help but think back to when she was last here.

Back when her heart was in turmoil. Back when she was still with Chris. And she had been fighting her feelings for Michael.

She felt so badly. Because he was going through what she was. And he had no one else. She had Chris so she was not really alone. Her heart ached to think about it that way. 

Now it was all in the past. She only wished she had handled the attraction the proper way. Took time away from Chris when she knew she was having feelings for another man.

Then things might not have gone on for as long as they had. She never meant to lead anyone on. But it had ended better then she had hoped. Now maybe they all could find happiness. She smiled to think of that.

She was going to miss her family being out here. But she knew that Michael would allow her to visit her family whenever her heart desired to do so. She was excited to open a shop here by his home to. She had so many ideas for it. She could hardly wait to get back into work. 

"Selena something came in the mail it was forwarded here" Michael tells her as he comes to her side. He hands her a package. It was addressed to her. She rips it open.

There in her lap was a book written by the woman who tried to kill her. A tell all book. Her hands shake. When and how did this happen so fast?

Shock washes over her as she reads the title of the book "It Was Never Meant To Happen" was the title. She sure meant to kill Selena. Selena drops the book as her eyes watered with tears.

"Selena what is it? Are you okay?" Michael worries over her. He takes her hands in his them helps her off the chair. He pulls her in his arms and she clings to him.

"She wrote a book" she whispers to him. "she sent it to me"

"Don't you have a protection order on her?" wonders Michael.

"I do but she knows you do not" points out Selena.

"Well I am going to get one placed on Yolanda as soon as I can" he grumbles. "awful woman" he mutters under his breath.

"I know, she knows we are together. She is still keeping tabs. She wanted me to know" sniffs Selena woefully. They hear the phone ringing in the next room.

"Master Jackson, there is a phone call for Miss Selena. Her father" says his butler before handing him the phone. MJ hands Selena the phone.

"Selena did you see? Did she send you one also?" her father demands to know.