Chapter 2~Nothing New!

Selena was there in her shop to get some work done. It was the first time in weeks she had been there since she had been shot.

Selena was sitting at her desk with her notebook going over old designs for clothing. Her hands shake. Feeling like she was in a strangers life. She did not know anything that she knew now. She sighs as she tries to keep her mind off Yolanda.

Maybe there was something good on tv. Suzette was going to be here soon with their lunch from McDonald's.

Selena was craving a Big Mac today and some fries. Selena would have to work out after all this junk food she had been chowing down on. She had been getting calls all week at home. From the Maury Show to Oprah. Wanting her on their show to tell her story.

She was sure that Yolanda was going to tell her side of the story. Her twisted story. She was still trying to get her to forgive her.

She was sending Selena letters as well as contacting her from Yolanda's jail. Selena kept sending back her letters. At first, Selena was reading them. But it started to really mess with her head, so Chris told her to mail them back to her.

The phone rings. Selena reaches with shaky hands to answer the call.

"Hello?!" Selena answers.

"Do you accept this call from the Corpis Christie jail? Press one now if you accept" the operator says on the other end.

"No! No! No!" She screams.

Then she slams the phone down on the hook. Selena sighs she runs fingers in her hair. Would she ever be free of that awful woman?

"Selena, I heard yelling what is wrong? Did something happen?" Suzette exclaims with worry as she rushes in the room.

"She called. Again. Trying to get me to talk to her. I have a protection order on her. Why won't she take the hint and leave me the hell alone!" Selena yells as she paces the floors now. Suzette sets the bags of food on her desk.

She hugs me. "Selena calm down. For now, she is behind bars. Once we go to trial and get things in motion she will go for life" she promises her.

"What if they let her out? What if she finishes the job?" Selena tearfully ask.

"We won't let her" she says sternly.

They hug.

"Come on let's forget that bitch and eat lunch" says Suzette.

Selena nods. They sit at her desk.

"I even got sweet and sour sauce for dipping fries. Is Chris joining us for lunch?" she wonders.

"No, he is hanging out with his friends today. Listen do not mention Yolanda's call to Chris or to dad please. I do not want to worry them more" Selena worries.