Chapter 43~The Dress!

Though it was getting to be closer to be time for her baby shower, Selena kept busy. She was working hard and she finally got the perfect dress done for Suzette's wedding day!

Suzette apparently approved of the dress so Selena was sewing the dress herself! Everyone was going to be impressed that she could create wedding attire now! It was a very hot day in Texas. Selena brushes her hair back out of her eyes as she worked.

Her mother took MJ's mom and sister out sight seeing in Houston for the afternoon. Michael was helping her father with office work. Then as she began to do more stitching the doorbell rang.

Selena turned down her radio before going to answer the door. There was Latoya at her door step once she answers it. She shakes hands with MJ's sister and allows her to come inside.

"Welcome! I think you arrived during the hottest day of the year here!" jokes Selena.

"I think I did to!" chuckles Latoya.

"Is this your first trip to Texas?" wonders Selena. Latoya shakes her head no.

"I have been to all fifty states." answers Latoya.

"Same here! I'm so happy you made it! This gives us a chance to chat before the others get back!" Selena points out to her. "Would you care for something to drink or eat?" offers Selena.

"No, I had lunch on the plane but thank you! What are you working on? MJ mentioned you make clothing to correct?" asks a curious Latoya.

"Oh yes, one of my passions in this life! I'm working on a new dress design would you like to see it?" Selena questions her.

"Why not! Sure!" agrees Latoya.
So Selena leads the way to the sun room where she was working on the beautiful dress. Latoya was quiet as she eyes the dress at every angle of it. Not saying a word if she liked it or not.

Causing Selena to be a little nervous!

"Wow! Just wow! This is a fantastic dress! It would be perfect for me! I'm going to be taking interviews along with model shots! You have to let me buy this dress from you as soon as it's done! I have to have this one! I love it!" gushes Latoya.

Selena winces.

"This is just a promo I can't give it away yet" lies Selena.