Chapter 41~Plots & Plans

Selena had a great idea, if Michael would go along with it! She hoped he would. Maybe once the two families got together and met one another and seemed more like one big family then MJ would think more about marrying her. If their families got along with each other. That was a big if. The phone rang and Selena answered it.

"Is Michael there?" someone asked. It was a female.

"No, he is not right now. Can I take a message?" she asks them.

"It is Janet tell him to call his sister when he finds time for her" jokes Janet.

"Hey! It is Selena hi!" says Selena joyfully. She was happy to have Janet on the phone.

"I heard your big news! I am going to be an aunt again?" asks Janet.

"Yes, we are having a bundle of joy" says Selena happily.

"I am thrilled for you two. I hope we get to hang out some so I can get to know you more. I am grateful that you make my brother so very happy" Janet replies to her.

"We love him so much. I adore MJ. Listen I have to run this by my boyfriend but we would love to have you out here in Texas. Meet my siblings. Get to know us all better. What do you think?" wonders Selena. "I have not asked Michael yet but I am sure he would love the idea"

"I would love that yes! I hear all about all of you. It would be nice to do so. Let me know what MJ says and we will set this up to make it happen" says Janet in agreement.

"Wonderful! That makes me happy! Great! Do you think your parents or other siblings might be able to come to?" wonders Selena curiously.

"I can see once we set this up" Janet promises her.

"Fantastic!" says Selena. "I will talk to him and get back with you" she tells her.

"I am glad we had a chance to talk. Take care Selena" Janet replies before they hang up.

This had to work! She hoped to get Michael to say yes to this idea of hers. She could host a big barbeque for the family there in her backyard. The phone rings again.

"Hello?" says Selena once she answers.

"Sel what are your plans today? Can you help me plan the wedding? Go over some ideas?" asks Suzette over the phone.

"Certainly, I wanted to run this by you. What do you think of inviting Michael's family out here to meet mine? I want our families to get along for this little one" says Selena. "I talked to Janet, and she loved the idea too. But I have to run it by MJ first" Selena rambles on.

"I love the idea. But why not wait until your baby shower then you can invite them all to it" Suzette points out to her.

"I don't know what if we all don't get along and something ruins the shower. I think we should meet before the party" Selena tells her thoughtfully. "It gives us a chance to really get to know each other"