Chapter 20~Envy!

Chapter 20~Envy!

Selena's jaw drops as Suzette tugs on her arm. What should she do? She had no real claim on MJ. She was engaged to marry another man!

Chris was her man. Still seeing another woman in lip lock with the man she longed to be with felt like a dagger was cutting in her heart. And there was nothing she could do to stop it at all.

Someone suddenly knocks on the door. MJ pushes Blanch off of himself and removes the kiss from his lips.

He looks nervously over at Selena then answers the door. There stands Chris! Much to Selena's surprise and delight for saving this moment.

"Chris what are you doing here??" Selena exclaims.

"I got your message to meet over here. You did want me here to right?" he asks as he comes in looking confused.

"Oh of course you are welcome to join us" MJ tells him. "Come on everyone let's figure out what we want to order for dinner"

"How wonderful to see you Chris. To think Selena lied to me the last time and told me she was not dating anyone the whole time she was sneaking off with you! Funny huh MJ?" Blanch mentions as she makes Selena's skin crawl with anger.

MJ laughs nervously. "Funny yes" he sighs. He looked annoyed.

Everyone sits down at the table.

"MJ the last time we were here we had tacos in the room. And drinks. Remember that night? So much fun" giggles Blanch across the table.

"Barf..." mutters Suzette as she rolls her eyes at Selena.

Selena unfolds her napkin across her lap. She could not bring herself to look MJ in the eye right now. She would lose her cool.

"What do you want to order Sel? Everything looks fantastic." Says Chris.

"Anything but tacos" coughs Selena.

Chris laughs as does Suzette.

"Pizza?" asks Chris.

"You read my mind" she giggles.

"How did you two fall in love? Get past old papa?" wonders Blanch. "Do dish"

"We wanted to tell the family but we did not want to break the band up" Chris mutters.

"And we did what we had to do. What was right at the time. But the more I hid things the more it felt wrong. And I could not hide things any more. Chris either. We knew we were in love. And wanted to marry. But Chris knew I wanted a huge wedding" laughs Selena.

"With her whole family there" adds Chris. "And that is what we will have right Sel?" asks Chris.

She nods. "Yes" she forces herself to say.