Corner of the Room Ch.19

5 minutes into the fight and neither of you have managed to get the upper hand. Punches were thrown, kicks were tried and yet neither of you could successfully pin the other.

The two of you had cuts, scrapes, and bruises from being tossed around by the others brutal hits and yet neither of your smiles had faded.

His smile was fueled by how proud he was too see how much you'd grown. Never had you landed such rough hits without your quirk, you barely landed hits even with your quirk.

Your speed and agility had grown exponentially, and it was truly a work of art to see.

Your smile on the other hand was fueled by determination. You wanted to succeed and prove to yourself more than anyone that the power you held within was enough for any battle.

Every hit he landed that caused the slightest bit of pain only encouraged you to keep going. Every hit you landed told you how much harder you needed to go if you wanted to win.

A bruise was shown on the skin of your abs and probably on your ribs considering the staggering pain you felt every time you inhaled but that wasn't going to be the cause of your failure.

There were scrapes from the many times you landed on the cold concrete after each of his kicks. At least you knew he worked on his legs a lot to get that powerful.

His hair was pulled into a ponytail behind his head. He could feel a growing pain in his abdomen every time he shifted his torso to strike. He felt a single spike of pain before the aching would arise once more each time he moved his legs.

The throbbing pain in the head the both of you shared was a sign of you both reaching your limits.

No one would dare to stop the fight. Not after you specifically warned them to not interfere unless it was life or death, or someone was knocked out because you were determined.

Every time you managed to jab him whether on the head or at his torso it only gave you more strength. The determination was your fuel, and it was the key to your success. But even if you don't manage to beat him today you were still already pretty proud of the damaged dealt.

"You've improved over the years Y/N!" Aizawa shouted while charging towards you from the other side of the platform.

"You've gotten slower old man!" He threw a punch aiming directly for your face but you dodged to the right. "Chill I was joking. I still think you're hot."

"I've told you multiple times to stop saying that." He stumbled after missing your face, his body slightly bent over trying to regain balance. You took this as an opening since you could finally reach his stomach with your knee. He almost fell to his knees after such a brutal strike. 

You almost kicked him in the face before he rolled away just in time. He threw his legs up managing to slam his foot into your face. Stumbling back, you could've sworn you saw your dad watching in the corner of the gym.

His arm were crossed as he leaned against the corner of the room. His right ankle crossed over the other. A soft smile laid on his face, his green eyes glimmered while looking over at his pride and joy. It was almost like you could feel how delighted he was by the young woman you had become.

He pushed off the wall and began to walk over to the platform while slowly clapping. "Progress I see." His hands moved to his back. "You always were amazing at combat but this is something else... but I should probably warn you..." Your eyes widened and followed him until he stopped at the edge of the platform.

"He's about to knock you out." His finger pointed towards the man charging towards you. Without having anytime to react, you tilted your head back at your father with confusion. Your eyes never shrunk.