Old Man Ch.43

Just so you all won't say it wasn't fair again their are hints and clues in this chapter that refer to future arcs (mostly one specific arc) in this story.

Mostly pertaining to Y/N's health.

Stay healthy!

****

There's something special about a loved one's touch. A gentle graze against the skin can be a way a of signaling their presence, a rub on the back is used to show support and cupping someone's face could be an act of platonic affection.

And though these things are beautiful experiences there can be an insane amount of anxiety tied to their touch. Loved one's hold so much power within the palm of their hand just because of a sacred bond the two of you share.

Why are these people, the one's you love able to extract so much emotion out of you? It is troubling to see their love for you have such a hold on your mind. Not even you were able to change your attitude that quickly so why was an external source able to succeed in altering your thoughts, feelings, and emotions like that when you couldn't.

But there wasn't always such terrifying, lingering thoughts because majority of the time the love you felt would constantly cloud and suppress those negative thoughts. And feeling something so amazing from someone was touching and mind altering. The sincerity of the love was addicting to the point of not knowing if you could or even wanted to survive without it.

So what if it came down to you living in a world without that touch? You already lost the loving touch of two already so what would losing another do? The answer is everything because in honesty your heart wasn't suited for enduring another heart break like that.

After she died you thought that your brother was the last one who had that touch and with him living hundreds of miles away from your home you were at a loss. But as soon as you stepped foot into the gates of your school and saw those two familiar faces you knew that touch that every child longed for was just inches away from you. A loved one's touch.

***

There was a light weight pressing against the back of your hand that radiated a gentle warmth. Your head was tilted upwards slightly as your eyes opened to meet a bright white light. You moved to place your hand against your stomach but instead caused an aching to which you grunted at.

"Hey...Hey! She's up!" You heard a familiar higher pitched voice shout. You grunted and sat straight up in your seat.

"Must we yell?" His eyes widened and his grip on your hand grew.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell you just kind of scared us." Midoriya scratched the back of his head while plopping back into the seat in between two beds.

He had been sitting in between the two beds holding both yours and Kachaan's hands until the blonde woke up in a rage. The boy was blessed to still have his hand.

"It feels like I'm laying on my death bed turn the AC up dang..."

It was a well known fact that you were sensitive to the cold after the whole class saw you pass out from a cool mist, but the temperature of the room was at 78 degrees Fahrenheit. If anything you should have been sweating and burning under the bed sheets, even the anxious boy next to you was close to breaking a sweat from just sitting there.

"Sweetie it is already hot in here do you not feel that?" The old lady came walking next to your bedside with a cane in her right hand and sweat gliding down her back.

"Absolutely not it feels like Todoroki just stuck his right side in the room." You grunted already annoyed by the pain in your body.

"Okay I'll put it to 80 put that is the farthest I can go to the school set a limit on the temperature." She sighed while trailing over the wall with the thermostat.