Jeju Thoughts

I could tell from the look in Pooh's eyes that he loves this vacation. He was really curious about so many things, and he kept on asking either me or his Appa about it. But I also witnessed his sensitivity when we were at the Citrus Museum, when he looked at the orange tree and sulked.

'Babylove, what's wrong?' I asked him. 'Why are you sad?'

He looked at me with a long face. 

'I remember what happened to Noona, Eomma,' he said. 'She fell from the tree at their house when we got oranges.'

Oh, that. And that was the same day I gave birth to Lilo. Who, by the way, showed her very actress-y side earlier at the hotel.

I bent down to meet his eye-level and caressed his hair. I honestly didn't think he would remember, but I guess after what happened, he must have been thinking about it, or it just occurred in his mind since he saw the tree.

'Pooh, it's okay. Noona is okay, right? You even play with her and Yoo Yoo. And you had done some other things with them too. So it's alright,' I told him. 'Can you give Eomma a hug?'

He then hugged me and I had to rub his back. 'Appa will get some oranges, will you pick them up?' He nodded in agreement and I had to get Lilo from Bin so he could climb the tree. It's actually a small one but he just needs a stepladder to reach the fruit.

'He was being sentimental earlier, I guess you need to talk to him too,' I told Bin as I took Lilo from him. 

'Was he okay?' he asked. I nodded. 

'Just a little sentimental. He's fine now though,' I said. Bin then went over and climbed after he talked to Pooh. I could see he was having a great time after a few minutes, as he was happily calling me to show the oranges he picked. I smiled at him and held Lilo's hand to make a small wave to her brother.

Our day was filled with happy moments, even when Lilo was being the sassy type a few times. I wonder if she would change or would she really be like this? Oh well, I might have to really watch out for her and her antics.

But then no matter what, I will love her just the same. 

'Deep thoughts?' Bin's voice came through as I was having my own sweet time overlooking the wonderful East Sea at night. We dimmed out the lights so the kids could sleep well, and the beautiful lights of the docked yachts along with the others illuminated the view in front of me. I felt him massage my shoulders and gave the top of my head a kiss, before he sat beside me on the sofa.

'Not quite. I was just thinking about the kids,' I replied as I leaned on him.

'What with?' he asked as he stretched his legs on the table in front. He must have been tired from driving, but I know he loves to do it.

'I was thinking how opposite could these two be,' I began. 'Pooh is the friendly one, while Lilo is well, sassy. But then she is just a few months old so we'll have to see how she is as time goes by,' I continued then I heard him chuckle.

'You know what, it's too early to tell how she really is. But I must agree, she has this something in her,' he admitted. 'And I guess I know where that comes from.'

Looking up at him, he just gave me his sweetest smile and held me close to him. I wonder how Bin can easily squeeze in moments like this? Even when we are married for a few years now, his way of showing me how much he loves me is still very much present. Even when he has a bad day at work, or a bad bruise and hides it from me from a filming, or just maybe a not so good feeling after a day in the office. He still shows me, and the kids, how much he values us as his family.