The Streets of Fira

The Aegean sun was trying to wake me up earlier in the day, but feeling content with my wife in my arms, alone and quiet, made me fall back to sleep. For the second time, it woke me again, and this time I gave in to it. Staring at how my lovely actress-wife looked like a Greek goddess basking in the warmth of the sun, with nothing but just a duvet covering our bodies, I felt like the mighty Achilles after spending a night with Breseis, after professing their love for each other.

I smiled at the thought that after a few days of being away from her, I couldn't help myself but go after her especially when I knew there was something that was untoward going on. I know as a father I could have made my kids top priority, but when my parents told me to just go because this is more important, I immediately flew halfway across the Atlantic just to make sure she is safe and secured.

*****
'Tae Pyung, is Eon Jin okay?' Eomma said as soon as I answered her call. Apparently she heard of the news of the lost plane likewise and called me when she got the chance.

'Yes, Eomma. I just talked to her a few hours ago,' I replied, while watching over Pooh and Lilo playing in front of me. He was telling her a story of Blue, a puppy who helps his owner find the lost things in his home.

'Don't you want to go over there and be with her?' she asked, obviously luring me to say yes so she can have the kids at our home. My parents really love these kids.

I smiled. 'Eomma, I promised her to take a time off her motherly duties. Besides, I think it's time for me to re-acquaint how it is to be alone with my kids too,' I said. 'I also need to talk to you and Abeoji about my plans.'

'For what?' she asked. I smiled to myself as I looked at my kids, Lilo who by now was looking at her brother like she was looking at a tv screen.

'I'll tell you when Yejin is around Eomma,' I replied.
*****

Yejin moved a bit, with her face buried on my chest and her hand on my right ear. It felt ticklish again but I loved it. I know she is awake so I decided to nuzzle my face on her hair, smelling like the residue of last night's lavender shampoo she had brought which I so loved. Remembering what happened last night brought a smile to my face, and I couldn't help but tease her about it.

'Are you awake, baby?' I said. 'Aren't you tired?'

She was murmuring something before she gave me a smack. Lifting her head to face me, she squinted her eye before answering.

'Your fault, mister. Three hours?' she said, smiling as she did so. 'Or was it four? I couldn't keep count,' she said as she rested her head on my chest again.

I smiled as I kissed the top of her head. 'Good morning, baby,' I said as I bent down to meet her lips in mine.

'Good morning, baby,' she replied. 'Please, nothing naughty today,' she said. I looked at her and gave her a smile. Last night was enough. I guess.

'But can I do this?' I asked as I gave her a kiss once more. On her forehead, her nose, cheeks and her lips. Feeling those soft, supple cherry lips, I tried to travel south towards her scapula before she pulled away and squinted at me once more. That was enough, and I gave her my sweetest smile. I thought I could get away with it.

'Behave Mr. Kim,' she said as she gave me a soft kiss, before pulling out the duvet and covering herself with it. I shook my head before I stood up and followed her to the bathroom.

We ordered room service for breakfast and had a quiet time together, talking about the recent happenings she had encountered. I realized I never had the chance to ask her about it.

'Baby, who is that man really?' I asked her as I took a sip of my coffee. She was buttering the toast and gave it to me. She let out a sigh before she answered.