School Boys

Air condition turned on, substituting the cool breeze of the wind outside. Calming oils silently make their magic on the softly whirring diffuser which also served as a dimmer, giving a sense of sensuality in the entire room. Sleep claimed the couple after their early birthday escapade inside the confines of Yejin's old room in the villa she used to live when she was single.

The thought never left his mind about how she was able to set afoot her old abode after they sold it. As soon as he woke up, partly because of the hunger that consumed him, he looked at the woman sleeping soundly, cuddled in his arms as if never wanting to let go. It dawned on him how much effort she had put on to make this happen. As simple as it may seem, it definitely made wonders for both of them, as they had work and kids to juggle.

Smiling, he placed his lips on her forehead – a signature he would like to delight on – to wake her up. Slowly, her eyes opened and when she saw him look at her, she gave out a wonderful smile.

'Hi,' she said, voice laced with sleep. He felt happy, as if his heart burst in that one kind of happiness that he knew only his wife could give him.

'How did you do this?' he asked, caging her into his arms, burying his face on the top of her head. Scents of rose petals lingered in his olfactory senses, dancing in delight inside his head. She giggled softly which truly made his heart melt at that moment.

'Well,' she replied after a few moments. 'The person we sold this to contacted me about a year ago. She told me that she never was able to stay here for long, since there were a handful of people asking her details about us. Where we live, how we are as people. She decided to place it on lease, but not before telling me first,' she replied, somehow a bit sorry for the person whom they sold the property to.

'And?' he asked as he looked into her eyes while studying the contours of her beautiful face.

'Honestly, I missed this place. It was one of the things I prized myself on, being able to save up and have a house on my own while I was in my thirties,' she answered. Bin's expressions turned blank, wanting her to spill some more of her thoughts, something that he always does when Yejin tells him things about her decisions or two.

'And this place is very special to me, and I think you know what I mean,' she continued. Bin smiled remembering the very first night they spent together as a married couple. At that time, there was a heavy surge of cases from the pandemic that disturbed the whole world thus, movements were either limited or not allowed.

'Did you rent this out?' he asked, feeling a bit worried that they might have left some traces of what they had earlier.

'No,' came her reply, which was a breather for him. Thank goodness.

'She offered it to me at the same price we sold it to her.'

'Really? How come?' he asked, all knowing about the interests that it may have cost the previous owner.

'I don't really know. She said she'd be happy to take it. As you can see, nothing much has changed, not even after four years,' she replied. 'So, this is still ours.'

'Yours,' he said, smiling back. 'Why don't we make this a getaway house for, you know.'

They both laughed at the idea, because, why not?

'For times we might need to discuss something important, I should say,' Yejin replied.

She would have wanted to stay in bed with him, since it was a rare chance for them to spend it alone together. But she had other things in mind so she sat up and while doing so, her creamy white back displayed in front of his eyes. Smiling, he did so likewise and gave her nape a soft kiss.