When in Santorini

'Hi, Eon Jin. Can I possibly ask you out?'

An Instagram direct message came through as I was talking with Bin and planning for the kids' costume for the party we will be attending this weekend. My mood suddenly changed and Bin was quick to respond to it.

'What is it, baby?' he asked, but it felt like a fading sound. I tried to check whether I knew of this someone and when I did, it didn't help at all.

It was that man again. Is he a stalker or is everything just a coincidence?

'Baby, someone is asking me out,' I said. I wanted Bin to know everything that is happening. Yoona unnie came to my room through the adjacent door and gestured something to me.

'Baby, can I call you back? I guess Unnie needs to say something,' I said to a serious-faced Bin. Clearly, he is not pleased with what is happening.

'I can wait for you. The kids are sleeping and there is nothing much I am really doing as of the moment,' he stated, stern and I just knew that I had to follow what he was saying.

I smiled at him faintly. 'I'll be back.'

I went over to unnie then asked her what was happening. She sighed and her look spoke of worry likewise.

'Yejinah, there is someone at the door. A man, and I am thinking that he is that guy we saw at the airport in Schipol,' she said.

What the heck? Really? Of all people?

'What?!' I exclaimed as I ran my fingers through my hair and closed my eyes. Thanks to this man, my vacation is ruined.

'Do you know him, Yejinah?' she asked.

I shook my head. 'Apparently, he is some guy who wanted to see me before but then I didn't show up. He was there in Daegu before we had this trip.'

She nodded. 'Does Bin know?' she asked, processing what was happening and maybe looking for a solution.

'About now? I only told him that someone wanted to ask me out, and that is that guy right outside our suite,' I replied. 'Eottoke?'

Unnie rang the frontdesk to report an incident and while we were waiting, I went back to Bin on facetime. He looked sleepy but I know he won't just give up on this, especially when there is something he feels that is not right.

'Baby,' I called him. He looked at me and replied.

'What's going on, babe?' he asked and the look in his eyes tells me there is something that he has planned.

'We reported an incident to the front desk,' I replied. He looked at me, dumbfounded. I have forgotten to tell him that the guy was just outside our suite.

'Why, is there something wrong? Please tell me,' he said. I then told him what happened. He took a deep breath before he talked again.

'Are you supposed to go somewhere with noona today?' he asked.

'Yes, but I think I will pass. Unnie is also thinking the same thing,' I replied, and I just know it would ease his mind up likewise. He nodded as we continued talking, letting Yoona unnie take charge of what was happening outside.

'Baby, you know what, we visited that site where I shot my first CF,' I said, recalling the one that started it all. 'It is somehow the same and some folks still recognized that girl who was riding the white bike,' I continued, then I saw his face lit up.

'Oh yeah, how could I ever forget that?' he said, smiling. 'That was shown to us during The Negotiation interview in the cinema, remember?'

I smiled at him and even when I knew that he was still not comfortable with what was going on, much as I am, I was just glad that his smile came back.