Appa Duties

'Appa, where is Eomma?' Pooh asked as we were in the TV room. He asked that we watch a movie with Yejin as a starrer so I decided to let him see Crash Landing on You. It was the first time in years since we watched it and Pooh was so delighted to see his mother caught up on the tree branch while I was on the ground, looking at her.

'Oh she is in Greece, buddy,' I replied while I carried Lilo with me. At four months, she has been showing a lot of improvements, especially while watching TV, where she could follow the movements. I am guessing she was looking at Yejin, who was moving much in her attempt to get down from the tree. Our little princess is rapidly growing in front of our eyes, and it took me back to the time where Pooh and I were left at home because she had to film her Hollywood movie.

'Where is that, Appa?' Pooh asked, wondering where the place where his Eomma is.

'It's kind of far away, she had to ride an airplane,' I replied, while placing Lilo on the mattress we set up on the floor for the both of them.

'Why did we not go with her, Appa?' he asked, before watching the TV again.

I smiled before I replied. 'Because Appa wanted Eomma to rest for a bit. Appa wants to be with you and Lilo too.'

He looked at me, and I caught a glimpse of his eyes. I felt that he was kind of sad so I asked him to come sit beside me. I pressed pause on the remote, and it stopped at the scene where we were discussing where her character was.

 I pressed pause on the remote, and it stopped at the scene where we were discussing where her character was

'Buddy, do you miss Eomma?' I asked. He nodded then he gave me a bear hug. I had to rub his back to comfort him, and in a split second it dawned on me that maybe Pooh was afraid that we might have a fight that's why Yejin was not at home.

'Eomma is just having a vacation buddy,' I told him. 'She will be home next week. We can call her anytime if you miss her. But then,' I said while pulling him away. 'We can call her later because her plane is still flying.'

Pooh nodded and I wiped the hints of tears in his eyes. I gave him a kiss and hugged him tightly then told him that they will stay with me on our bed at night. A few minutes after, he was back to his old self and we played the TV again, continuing where we left off.

'Appa, can we play again the tree? Eomma looked funny there,' he said. I quickly turned it back to that scene. Lilo was murmuring, and it was the first time I heard her do so. I was so surprised, then Pooh and I listened to her. What struck me was what my son told his sister.

'Lilo, Eomma is not here, but she is on TV. It's just me, you and Appa. Let's wait for her to come home, okay?' he said, while giving his sister a kiss. I was so touched by what I saw and I truly wondered how did we raise this kid to be this loving brother?

We finished two episodes of the drama, with me answering Pooh's questions, some of which were
mind-blowing. I could only laugh at my answers, but I answered him as honestly, and as simply as I could.