The Reunion

Bin walked me through the gates until the makeshift door leading to the supposedly ballroom for the party. Miri, my friend who invited me to come instantly saw us and was actually starstruck with him. I had to smile, and when he realized that it's going to be chaotic, he said he had to leave. I smiled at him and he went out at a fast pace, head held down with his blue UA cap on.

'Omo, I forgot to ask him to fetch me,' I thought as I went into the ballroom. I thought I was early, but then some of the people inside were already drinking. At 4pm. Were they here earlier than I was?

I sat on a table which had my name on it and memories of the past came flooding back to me. It seems like it was just yesterday that I had set foot in this school, had my lessons but most of the time looking forward to breaks and dismissals like any other regular student would. My friends and I would hang out at our favorite cafe and would spend an hour talking, giggling and dreaming of our future. I wondered, had I not been an actress what would have become of me? A doctor? A lawyer? Or maybe a soldier like Appa, since I tend to follow a lot about him and I have been close to him too. But then I was scouted while I was walking with my friends home and the rest was history.

I smiled as I recalled all those memories, and I didn't notice my old friends coming over, bringing with them their cocktails. Well, I sincerely hoped they were only mocktails.

'Eonjinssi!!!!!' my friend Yeo Bin called up. She was this sassy but really friendly person I had known, and the first who came up to me when she saw me. 'How are you?'

I smiled at her and gave her a hug. 'Yeo Binssi!! I'm good. Oh, you look so wonderful!' I replied, because she really was. And really far from how we were back then.

'Oh, I'm good. You remember Park Joo Hyung?' she asked and her eyes roamed around the area and then she gave out a smile. Suddenly, someone came up and I thought this was him. I remembered him when he gave out his school boy smile. He had slightly parted hair and he could actually pass on for an actor.

'Yes, I remember him. I think you had a crush on him since then?' I teased and we all laughed. 'So you two are an item?' I asked.

Yeo Bin looked at him and smiled. 'Actually we're engaged,' she said, as she flashed on that diamond ring on her finger. I smiled at her and gave her a hug. Joo Hyung smiled at us and excused himself, then went to go back to his friends. I then learned that they were both lawyers and working together in her firm her father had left before he died.

'Where's your husband?' she asked. I smiled at her.

'I actually asked him to come with me, since there was something that bothered me but then he said he would leave the reunion to me. He wanted me to spend time with you guys, you know,' I replied, as I took a sip of the water in front of me. We then talked about our lives, how is my life as an actress and a mother.

I couldn't be more proud of telling her about my kids. She even asked to drop by the following day at home before they head back to Geumga, where they were both based.

My phone rang and I excused myself since it was a message from Bin. He asked me how I was and I sent him my reply.

'Baby can you fetch me later? People here started drinking and I really don't know who could bring me home.'

After a few seconds, he called me, asking me how the party was so far.

'Everything's good but I just don't know who could bring me later,' I said, but just then someone from behind me said something.

'I can bring you home, Eonjinssi.' Came an older voice which was really familiar to me. I turned around and when I saw the owner of the voice, I smiled the widest.