September

Blinding lights that emanated heat likewise filled the whole area. Scripts being carried by almost everyone around, make-up being applied to her face every after a cut was made. Checking herself doing the scene on the monitor was enough for Yejin to feel that she was technically back to work after about a year or so. She may have done some commercial films, but nothing compared to her joy in working while memorizing lines, acting out scenes, giving out all emotions that she could ever give in one particular scenario. This was her life, way back before she had Pooh and Lilo. And of course, her actor husband, who from time immemorial was one of the people who supported her. Who, as per him, had a major crush on her back then.

If she were to think about the past twenty or so years since she had been in the industry, she could only shake her head in disbelief. Who would have known that at this time, she'd be married to the man whom she resisted seeing? Yejin could only smile at the thought, and that was exactly what she was thinking while the scene was ongoing. It somehow needed her to be happy and dream about a future.

Where else can she find a more decent comparison of what she was asked to do? When she was actually living it?

'Cut!' The director yelled, but then the smile on her face never left. Of course, with what she was thinking, how would it even leave her?

'You're still the same, you know?' the director called out as he approached her. She smiled then politely bowed, then checked the scene on the monitor. She was somehow satisfied with what she saw, and it was nailed with just a single take.

'It's a miracle,' she quipped, as she always finds something that needs to be refined.

'I know,' the directed replied. 'How about we call it a day now, that was your last scene. I can't believe you gave your all even without knowing that this is your last take for the day.'

She could only smile, and even when she wanted to joke about it, she kept silent.

'Well, you can't call her "Soo Yejin" for no reason,' the producer who was right behind them caught up. The director and actress looked back and laughed the moment they saw who was talking.

'How about coffee or something?' offered the producer to them.

'I'd love to but my family is coming and I think they're here,' she politely refused while looking far away, where she saw the Lincoln owned by the one and only Kim Tae Pyung. She excused herself to go to her little family. Smiling, she made careful steps as she was wearing stilettos and the pavement was somehow uneven. As she was about to meet them, she heard her son exclaim,

'Imo!!!' while showing his cute dimples and smiling eyes.

She looked over to where Pooh was looking and there stood a woman of about the same age as they were. She had fair skin, as was common with Koreans, and was a beautiful woman. She wondered where could have Pooh met this lady when she heard him say once more.

'Appa, she's your friend right?'

She stood in a daze as she tried to process everything at once. She didn't want to think about anything, because if her memory serves her right, their son was only out with Bin a few weeks ago at the plantation for their reunion.

'Could this be the woman Binssi told me?' she thought. If so, she didn't know what she was feeling.

The woman, almost the same height as her, was wearing an all-white ensemble of cropped jeans and a plain shirt. Simply carrying a small purse swung over her shoulder, she had her hair down and as soon as she saw Pooh, her dimples showed and she was smiling likewise as she saw him.

'Omo, Ji Hwan. How are you?' she asked as she stooped down to the child's eye level. Pooh was seen giving a courteous bow to her and the one she was with.