Deadly Obsession

The crisp sound of dry leaves rustling along the pathway as a pair of feet walked on them in the middle of a secluded urban jungle felt like a sanctuary. In the midst of an absurd mind, the sound somehow made its presence known and brought him back to the reality of the life he had been living. Yoo Min Woo was almost at the peak of his cold revenge towards the woman he held so dear in his life. He never realized he would come down to this, but as he tried to justify himself, he let out a sly smile.

‘This is what you made me do, Eon Jin,’ he thought, pinning all the blame to the actress who had been living the life that anyone else would have wanted.

Anyone else but him.

Having been able to convince Yeo Bin to connive with him, while holding her down by the neck, he was almost at the brink of the moment he had been waiting for. He thought that finally, after all this time and after all that he had been planning, his game had come to its fruition and soon he would reap its success. He knew the consequences if these will not come together, so he must take careful, but sure, steps to making this happen.

Smoking out his last puff of the cigarette he had been holding on to, he inhaled a chunk of the white figment into his entire system before throwing it down and squishing it with his shoe. He slowly walked back to his car, idly waiting by the entrance while feeling the sound of the leaves once more as he did so. Smiling lopsidedly, he got in and revved up the car, speeding up to get to the place where he had been planning to go all this time. From time to time, he would glance over to the seat beside him, where a baby car seat was installed. Smiling dangerously, he picked up speed and went over to the country club where he told Yeo Bin to go.

Executing the final plan starts now.

Stepping out of the car, he went to the reception and greeted the lady behind the desk. His eyes were wandering, and he thought that it would be quite easy to get to the target considering the volume of people who are currently here.

‘Mr. Yoo, are you playing today?’ Dina, the receptionist, asked.

‘Yes, I am. But a friend asked me to meet at the nursery. I never knew you had one,’ he replied, showing his schoolboy smile.

‘Yes sir, we do have. I’m sorry we haven’t shown you that the first time,’ she replied, shying away from the smile, and the slight touch of the man in front of her.

‘It’s okay, honey. Can you please tell me where it is?’ he asked, flirting somehow with the lady who in turn, gave him the directions. He knew that as a member, he was entitled to roam around the area.

Easy peasy.

He then said goodbye and left his number, albeit a fake one. He walked towards the nursery, which was actually just a few meters from the parking lot. He took a quick glance as to who was inside, when a man in a black tie approached him and asked a few questions.

‘Sir, may I know whom you are looking for?’ the tall man in the tie asked. From the looks of it, he was not a security personnel. Min Woo quickly dismissed him as a personal bodyguard of whoever Hallyu hotshot. He smiled and offered his hand, but as the other man took it, he grabbed it and in a swift move, tangled it behind the man’s ear along with his strong and powerful forearm, choking him until he passed out.

Carefully laying the unconscious man down, he took the service 9mm which was concealed under a waistband and tucked it behind his own. He then dragged the poor man and left him on the thick bushes just located beside the nursery. He came back and peered once more, and he saw a young lady with a cute, little baby approaching the door. He stood beside it and when the lady emerged after opening the door, he then grabbed her by the neck and trained a knife on her side. In her terror, she was shocked but she didn’t let go of the baby.