Chapter 8: Kiss

Author's note
Hi!!  all you Awesome readers.So I've been editing the first few chapters of the book and it seems to be a bit muddled up.I advise you read the edits to be on the right track.Also,my writing style might have changed a little.
Don't hate me :)
Clicking on the little star button at the bottom of your screen would help me a lot.
Your comments and thoughts sure would inspire me because I sort of thrive on them.
Happy reading!

"Sure Mrs Bruce but I've got an editorial board meeting at four, probably I'll be there at five thirty?"I spoke steadily into the mouthpiece.
One of my babysitting clients wanted me around this evening and I was striking a deal with her.I started babysitting last summer when I felt sitting at home and doing nothing after school was boring.Now with after school activities,it was becoming hectic.

"Sure,but the reservation is at Sotto Vochay and heaven knows how difficult it is to get one.Can you get over by five to look after Karla? We really need to beat traffic."She pleaded.

I contemplated  over the thought flipping open my bag and fishing out my printouts.I still had seven pages to edit and so needed to be present at today's editorial board meeting in order to finish up,or I'd have to sacrifice my sleep in order to get it done.

I was at the almost in the meeting  room anyway and there was no turning back.I braced myself to tell Mrs Bruce that I honestly couldn't make it in time when suddenly my eyes caught on something in the class through the transparent shutters which made my breath hitch.

Bile rose up my throat bringing back the sickening taste of the pizza and French fries I had for lunch.
My knees buckled up beneath me and I clutched onto my phone desperately, clenching my fist to fight back the threatening downpour.

There, right before my eyes, Jessica was passionately making out with Jay.His hand slid to her waist to draw  her close enhancing their proximity as she run her fingers through his damp hair.He was just from basket ball practice,it was obvious.

I felt sick all over as I tried my best to move but I just stood there, immobile like a sculptured artefact , my teary eyes glued on them momentarily forgetting the mother I was striking a deal with at the other end of the line.

Jay finally broke away from the kiss,his expression neutral, showing no hint of satisfaction or displeasure.His eyes softly scanned the room and in the process got caught in mine.Visibly he stiffened as we gazed into each others eyes.His demeanor changed as he wore a look of apprehension and disgust,at himself?
I whipped my face away pretending not to have seen anything worthwhile.The aura was suffocating as my confidence dropped drastically remembering the phone in my hands.

"Yes Mrs Bruce on second thought, I'll be there by four thirty."I managed to say and she expressed her profound thanks.I braved up and swiftly backed away from the door progressing toward the exits.

I rushed to my car and yanked open the door dropping myself onto the seat.I could feel my heart thumping, threatening to break loose from my rib cage as nursed the hurt .I lay my head on the steering wheel and the horn blared loudly in protest.

I'd seen many couples make out and it didn't hurt this much.  Aiden Sanders and  Nicole  made out in the hallways all the time they were dating.It'd just seem gross  like the others and I'd turn away but with this it was sickening in a really hurting way.
I'd be lying if I said I didn't care about Jay .It hurt so much that I  felt it each milli second they kissed.It was a quick one of  another  regular teenage make out session but that was absolute torture in my eyes.
I bit my lip and tried to swallow the lump gradually dying in my throat.It resulted in a hiccup and I gulped for air ,the horn giving one last toot for attention.