Chapter 25 : Three Bottles Of Poison

Jay hugged me back tighter, wrapping his hands around my waist and making me lean into him.I got lost in the moment feeling his body moulded against mine, and the joy that came with it.I finally pulled myself free catching a whiff of his lemon breezy scent.
I stayed in his arms staring into his eyes,none of us wanting to break the moment.

"Kiss already and stop acting all mucky infront of me!"Rachel whined turning over in the couch.

I broke away from Jay ,my face getting unbelievably hot.I thanked my stars for the poor lighting in the room and visibly paled as she struck another horrendous statement.

"Fine,I'll show you boring kids then,watch and learn." She slurred,her head dangling to her sides as she flipped a knotless braid behind her back and groped for something.She finally caught its tassel and picked it up.

All of a sudden,she smashed it against her lips making hungry groaning sounds in the process.I bent my head down in slight embarrassment as crimson colouring spread across my cheeks.

I walked over to her and gently wedged the pillow from between her lips.She pouted and started another tantrum flailing her limbs
about widely.Jay looked at me and I nodded.

He bent down and scooped Rachel up in his arms such that his hands rested under her knees and lightly on the small of her back.

"My purse dummy!"She ordered grabbing her purse from the television which served as her hanger.

I followed behind shutting the door slightly behind me and dimming the lights.

My phone pinged with a new message and I  fished my phone from my purse and shot a text back to Harry notifying her of my  whereabouts.

Harry : Saw Jay run out after you, hope you're making out already :P

Me : Unfortunately no, Rachel's wasted.Must get her home asap though!

Harry :Awks bummer, Hope she's holding on fine!

I was typing back a reply when I felt Jay stop and stare at me.I got off the phone as he looked at me then his car door in hesitation.

"Umm,my key's in my pocket.Can you like,you know grab it for me?"Jay asked stuttering.

"Sure,"I nodded and he looked down,an unusual colouring creeping up on his cheeks, probably as a result of something Rachel had muttered?

I moved closer feeling the heat radiated by his bulk frame.I stretched out and put my hand in his side pocket , trying to feel for the keys.My hands brushed over his upper thigh gently and he shivered a little.My hands finally grabbed the key and I pulled it out,Jay looking tensed in the process.

I pulled open the back door as Jay dropped Rachel in the backseat.  I strapped the seat belt across her getting in beside her.

She was a bit sober now, lolling her head and singing gentle songs she knew by heart since birth, opening up a wave of hurt and refreshing  fading memories in our minds.

Jay got in the driver's seat and after putting the car on drive, manoeuvred the car out of the parking space.The car gained momentum as it rolled onto the street.The car ride was silent apart from Rachel's humming and since Jay's attention was held by the road,conversation was avoidable.

The wheels of the car finally rolled to a stop as Jay pulled over to the front of my house.
I opened the side door and climbed out, helping  Rachel who stumbled out of the car before landing on her feet out too.

"No need to get down, I'll be able to manage now."I said

"Thank you soo much Jay,I wouldn't have handled this well if you hadn't been around."I added,a faint smile playing on my lips.