Chapter 39 : Dad Rules

Continued...

I pulled myself roughly from Jay,my cheeks heating up dangerously as I tried to look away.

Jay on noticing his little situation,run his fingers through his hair as I excused myself to get some water downstairs.I leaned by the stairwell,a bit surprised and embarrassed by the turn off events.

Hey,it wasn't Jays fault he was turned on by the prospect of my nude hoodie clad body clinging firmly to his skin.He was a hormonal teen , being horny was okay?

I calmed myself down before tugging my mid thigh length hoodie down my thighs to see how far it could go to properly cover me up.It was unsuccessful and I gave it up pushing my room door back open.

I gave an awkward cough to ease the tension,all the running about had made me a bit dizzy.

"Umm,sorry for what happened back there."I said quietly.

"Why are you apologizing?"Jay's eyes crinkled up in amusement.

"Like it's your fault I got smothered by a smoking hot body."He said casually raking his eyes over my body and once again I went pink and felt bubbly all over.

"Nice hoodie by the way, can't wait to see you in less clothing."He joked with a certain seriousness as his warm breath fanned my face when he'd come close to whisper it into my ears.
I playfully pushed his face away and he smirked up at me.

"Still haven't lost your dirty tongue have you?"I teased.

He shrugged it off handing over my phone.

"It was Harry calling, why did you react like that?"He asked all seriousness.

"I don't know.Its my privacy."I shot back.

He looked at me in mild shock then he swallowed and moved to my desk.Pulling out his notes from his bag,he dragged my chair to beside my bed.Where he flipped it open and progressed to work on the recent poem we'd been given to analyse in class.

We were at it for a while until a tap on the door drew us both back.Mum with her golden locks pushed her head into the room before stepping in.

"Oh hi,Jake."Mum feigned like Benji most probably hadn't told her  that I had a boy over.

"I heard from your Mum the last time she came around to pick Mike that you were done with therapy,hope your knees properly healed now?"Mum asked him.

"Yes please.It is."Jay replied courteously.

"That's good to hear.I've got dinner whipped up already and came  to tell you guys to come down."

"Thanks Mrs Parker.We'll just wrap up and come down."Jay confirmed not given the opportunity to evaluate Mom's offer.

We finished up with the assignment and Jay stuffed his books back in his bag.
He stretched out his palms to help me up and I gently placed mine in his as he hoisted me up.His palms were soft and brought tinges of excitement creeping up my body.I hadn't been on my feet for a while so staggered to gain footing.Like I was fine ages ago!

Jay suddenly scooped me up in his arms,so that one of his arms supported my back while the other rested beneath my knees.I tensed a little feeling his arms on my bare skin.I inhaled his natural cinnamon and woody scent,damn he smelled good.Placing my arms on either sides of his shoulder he gently descended the stairs carrying me bridal style .

He pulled out a chair swiftly with his foot and placed me like a princess down on it.

"Thanks."I whispered earning a smile from him.

My heart nearly jumped out of my chest when I looked to my side and found Dad,fork and knife in hand, grimly staring at us from his side of the table.

"Good evening Mr.Parker."Jay gave Dad a light salute as Mum ushered him to the seat beside me.

"Good evening young man,"Dad responded.For my throbbing headache I swore I would have told Dad off for his cold appraisal.

I shook my head in silent distaste and looked up at Benji who sat at the side of the table opposite Jay and I .He barely paid attention to his surroundings for he texted away on his phone which he'd lowered almost beneath the table and  smiled coyly to himself.It stroke a nerve in me... he always wore that look when he was chatting up a girl he fancied.

I whipped my attention back to the table, where the grace had been shared and we dug in.

There was awkward silence at the table for a while.Mum had left to take the potatoes of the stove and Benji was still on his phone,though in-between mouthfuls.

"You never told me your sister had a boyfriend,"Dad stated stressing on the word "boyfriend" like it was some bad kid word.He gave Benji a once over making it clear he demanded an answer from Randy.

I stole a glance a Jay,who shifted awkwardly on his chair,a smile playing at his lips.

"Benjamin."Dad stressed as he snapped his attention quickly from his phone and gave a reply.

"Um, he's a friend."Benjamin answered going back to his phone.I wonder why he got away with having his phone at the table, guess being a university student had its own perks at my home.

"Come on silly, Jake's practically family."Mum laughed coming back with a dish of steamed mashed potatoes.

She scooped up an extra ladleful on Jay's plate.

"Mmmh Mrs Parker, your food tastes great .Like something we'd purchase in a five star hotel. "Jay complimented Mum flashing her one of his killer smile.

"Thanks dear,it's not everyday the people of this house appreciate my dedication.And do cut out the Mrs Parker stuff.I'm Megan by the way."Mum beamed totally melted by his charm he'd successfully used to draw her in.She  graced us, her family with  silent cold stares of appraisal.
So they'd gotten to the first name stage already?Damn,Jay was good.

"I guess where Camilla got her superb cooking skills from."Jay added taking a cursory glance at me.Our gazes locked and a soft smile played on my lips,my heart thumping softly in my chest.

"It's not appropriate to engage in conversation at the table.You keep your mouth shut when eating,young man."Dad voiced up,a bit out off that Jay was hoarding both his ladies attention.

With this,I smiled tight lipped and played with my food.The conversation at the table was very lively.It was only when Dad spoke with whatever mood he was in that the conversation was less lively.

Supper was over in a matter of minutes and I'd gathered enough energy in me to clear the dishes away.Leaving Benji and Dad at the table, everyone else preoccupied themselves with something different.

"So I heard you got yourself hurt playing sports?"Dad asked as I cleared debris from the table.

"Yeah,it was my last match with  Ridgewood High and I faced a tackle at the free throw line."

"You play basketball ? I tried  getting my boy , Benjamin in it a while younger.Funny thing he got acquainted with Baseball instead."Dad gave a laugh.

"I was a bit of a basketballer back then.What do you play?You know Mason Woods,Former NBA executive..."Dad droned on and I  smiled.Jay had a way of roping people in.

I watched them as they chatted on,Dad himself getting familiar with Jay,who after telling him he was our quarterback earned him bonus points .I smiled finishing up the dishes.I was heaps better now.

Authors Note

Hi guys!

Yup,another update... trying to finish this within the least possible time !Expect updates everyday or double updates if I miss and come back online.

This chapter is dedicated to marmarlade for her support on and off the app.

           See you in the next chapter and don't forget to vote.
           The next dedication might be yours lol!

                              Your girl,Mhaya.