Chapter 13 : Period Troubles

It was now or never.

Jay stretched out his palm and motioned that I  put mine in his.He linked our fingers as soon as I rested my palms on his and held it tightly.

"Jay I don't hate you.Its just that sometimes I......"
I stopped in mid sentence and looked deep into his eyes.Those gorgeous blue eyes,his face,they belonged to somebody else,he had a girlfriend.
I winced in pain and looked down as past events came flooding back into my mind.It hurt like it was only yesterday that all that nonsense started but not many weeks ago.
"I've got to go to the bathroom ." I said slipping my palms out of his.I walked out as he called out to me.

"You're doing it again,"
It was said faintly.

I found myself walking in the hallway and eventually finding myself by my locker.The truth was that I wanted some space to clear my mind.
I took a sip of the bottled water in my hand and stared at nothingness.
"What did I tell you Camilla?" I suddenly heard someone demand.I rolled my eyes.It was Jessica.
"I told you to stay away from him didn't I?"She hissed.
" Uh..I can't remember being close with him." I replied coolly.
That girl should thank her lucky stars I didn't like violence because she would have been lying in a pool of blood by now.

"Oh,So you are not at fault walking with her boyfriend in public view?" Eva spewed.

Ugh !The second mistress.I could make do by plucking her eyes out.

Huh!Then I now remembered;I took Mike to the playground yesterday and Jay as usual tagged along. I remembered seeing Eva with her siblings too but I didn't know she'd frame it that way.
"Look you're getting that all wrong."
"Shut up you bitch!" Jessica screamed throwing her palms out at me.My gaze remained on her daring her to continue with her fast moving action.
Her hands swiftly moved to  my face and just about when it was  to come into contact with my cheek she gasped in surprise.
Jay held her arm suspended in mid air as we both looked at him in shock.He let go of Jessica's arm  a bit too forcefully since it swayed by her side before coming to rest at its finally destination by her side.
She shot me a look of disgust as if to say it wasn't over .Her next move was to throw herself on Jay  as if nothing ever happened.
"Jakey,what did she want walking with you in the park yesterday?" She asked placing her perfectly manicured fingers on his chest.

"She was babysitting my bro." He answered.

"But Hun, I can babysit him." She whined like a dying  seal tilting her head up to meet his gaze which was momentarily locked in mine.

"She's more experienced than you so she fits better. My bro can be stubborn at times and with this kind of attitude I don't think you would be the right person."

"But Jaaake.." She purred  like a cat out of breath fingering his shirt collar in the process.

Ugh!She disgusted me.

"Why did you go through all that hassle to hit her." He queried.

"I thought....You know..."

"Like a threat?" He completed.

"Yeah ." She nodded.

"She's just a friend.Chill okay?"
He assured.

Ouch!

She nodded an okay and with her index finger and thumb she tugged his chin to draw him closer and planted a wet  kiss on his lips.
She gave me a triumphant little wave before  trotting of to class. Her so called best friend following closely behind .

I sighed holding on to my  bottle of water. I downed it contents and looked at the empty plastic.So Jay thought of me only just as a friend.I pressed on harder to my bottle and soon heard it crumple under my hands.I threw it in my locker and walked leisurely back to class.