Chapter 45 : Coupled Up, Finally!

When I stepped foot up the rooftop my breath hitched.A beautiful sight met my eyes.
Confetti littered the floor and the place was decorated with colorful strings and ribbons.White balloons lay on the floor threatening to fly away with the littlest gust of wind.I looked proudly about me,the planning and detail put into everything was exquisite.
My eyes caught sight of a pure white bulletin board with journal sized photographs stuck to it.I progressed near to have a better look at it.My pictures,taken unawares from a year ago about the time when Jay joined the Newsletter Committee stared back at me.The pictures were lovely and taken with soo much precision; me with my laptop, smiling at my iPhone screen, taking a snack, sorting out files...
Then the realisation dawned on me that I was the one Jay's camera had mostly been concentrated at, it was never Jessica,Jay liked me from the start.
Standing in the middle of the room,I took in the sharp smell of fresh flowers, the place looked beautiful.The view from the rooftop was amazing and I marvelled at the amount of time planning and resources put into this.

Whipping my head back and turning to face him fully,I looked up at him, holding a bouquet of assorted roses in his arms.He stepped closer and my heart raced, staring back into his alluring blue eyes.

"This is for the first day I met you."He said plucking a rose with a note tied on its stem from the bouquet in his arms.

"You intrigued me from the start Camilla,and for each passing moment,week I spent with you and was unable to tell you how I felt,it's embedded in a rose."He announced.

I tugged the note free from the rose and unfolded it gently.

I think you're really pretty but it's just the cheekiness I'm tryna get past.

The statement stared back at me in Jay's cursive writing.A soft smile played at my lips as I stared back at him in admiration on having got a haunch of what was going on in his mind the first week we met.

"I like it when you smile."He confessed looking silently up at me.

"Have I told you that before?Shit! They're many other things I haven't told you before."He blabbed and I got lost staring at how cute he looked trying to get his message across.

Abandoning that,he run his fingers through his hair giving a sexy edge to it.I at once wanted to get lost in the chocolate mop.

"I'm not the best at putting my feelings into words,bit I want to try nonetheless, because I've been struggling with this feeling for a while now and I think it's about time I went straight to the point.The thing is I really care about you, ever since we became good friends."He paused and looked innocently up at me.

"My breath hitches when you walk into a room, I can't seem to get your laughter, voice or face out of my mind.Camilla your touch ignites my soul...I think it's love right?"He stared earnestly at me describing the way he felt,the way we both felt.

"I honestly hope you feel the same way Camilla..."He droned as I gently placed the bouquet of roses on the table beside me.

Taking practiced steps towards him,I grabbed the scruff of his shirt collar and taking him by surprise,I smashed my lips my lips against his loving the taste of caramel and a hint of mint rolling on his tongue.Drawing my arm from the side where it hung limply beside me,I wrapped it securely around his neck and ran the other through his soft mop of chocolate brown curls.

A soft moan left his succulent lips as he took charge , drawing back  once for air and capturing my lips possessively with his.
I savoured the sweet feeling of his sweet lips rocking against mine and the butterflies attacked my belly in swarms, making me feel weak and defenseless underneath.

A rush went up my spine as I felt Jay's warm hands on my bare back,beneath the material of my denim jacket I'd used to cover up the lowcut of my dress.
He drew me closer deepening the kiss and I clung to him, feeling each and every part of him.