Chapter 15 : The Untangled Web

I gently closed the door out of Jay's residence. I couldn't believe what I'd just heard.Were my ears deceiving me?Or maybe my mind was playing tricks on me.
The piercing pain in my heart that echoed at the thought of it told me otherwise.
Yes,Jake Greene had indirectly told me that I was a terrible kisser and confirmed that he was using me.

I jumped in the shower as soon as I got home .I found a loose tee and some denim shorts to soak my misery in.
I lay on my bed as the day's events came flooding back to memory. My mind was a maze of thoughts as the rains set in.I could hear the rain drops splashing my windows. I drew my curtains closed to obtain a little peace.
"There's someone at the door." Benji said tapping on my room door.
I sighed,being the last kid sucked.Why couldn't he answer the door since he was downstairs?
"Bully," I muttered barging my way past him
He smiled a demure smile as I walked past.I should have taken his smile as a warning but he's always smiling weird smiles so....

Mum looked up at me excitedly as I appeared from upstairs. Oh!So she was also downstairs and refused to at least get the door and make Benji bully me!
I walked briskly to the door and swung it open.My face froze as I took the sight before me in.
I looked at Jay's wet clothes and shivering stature and instantly wanted to let him in.My hands moved faster since it slammed the door shut at his face.
Yeah,that served him right.
An inner darkness surged through me as I ached to unleash the force of my fists on his face.
I walked past Benji and Mum who stood staring at me with mixed emotions and slumped down on the couch.

Oh! So they both knew he was the one at the door .How sly!

I watched on as the rain fell with more vengeance,my emotions raged more from within my self.
I hoped that boy wasn't still standing in the harsh cold.I tried my best to resist the urge of peeping through the window to see if he was alright. As much as I wanted him to still be there, it was the same I wanted him not to stand in the chilling cold.

From the corner of my eye,I could see Mum nudge Benji towards me.
Benji gently made his way to the couch and sat a safe distance away from me twiddling his fingers.
" Aren't you supposed to get the door Milly?"Benji questioned.
I shot him a death glare,then he decided to hit the nail in the head.
"Milly you know he might get really sick.Please don't be so tough on him whatever he's done. He drove in this wacky weather for you.Do let him in."
"Whatever.If you let him in it's on you." I stated with a shrug of my shoulders.
He made his way uncomfortably to the door and stole some few glances at me to ascertain that he wouldn't be in any physical danger if he let Jay in.

"Oh dear, you're so wet!" Mum cried rushing to him with some towels.Mum took Jay's clothes to the laundry as Benji handed him some of his clothes.
"Get him something warm." Mum instructed walking upstairs after giving me a warning glare.
For the stern note in her voice I got up.
I met Jay putting on one of Benji's numerous hoodies as my eyes bulged out of its sockets.My throat suddenly became dry with lust as I stared vengefully at his packs.My eyes unconsciously remained glued on him as he pulled the shirt over his packs.
He looked up at me from his shirt wearing and I snapped out of my momentary sightseeing.
I pulled out a mug from the shelf and poured him some hot chocolate mix .I added some warm water from the thermos to mix it all in and finally thrust the mug at him.

"I didn't mean all that nonsense I spewed Belle.It came out all wrong.I know it hurt you personally as I girl but I didn't really think I would go that far.I got carried away with my feelings and whims ,I'm sorry."
He ended.
I looked at him emotionless.
"Do you forgive me?" He asked his voice trembling with uncertainty. The truth was that I had forgiven him already. I had forgiven him even before he started apologizing.In fact,I forgave him as soon as I opened the door and met him shivering in the rain.
My heart felt relaxed that he had driven all the way over to my house to say sorry instead of a simple text or worse still not giving an effing care.

"Please tell me I'm a jerk or something. Punch me,anything ." He begged taking my hands in his.

"Your toe's bleeding!" I exclaimed looking at his stained socks.I quickly sunk to my knees and pulled the sock off.After getting the first aid kit,I gently wiped the blood of with some cotton and cleaned it with antiseptic.
I wrapped it gently with band aid.
"What happened?" I asked looking up at him.
"I must have hit it on something." He said.
"Be careful next time." I chastened packing the box away.

"You didn't leave Mike home alone did you?" I suddenly remembered.
"No,my Mum was home when I left."He explained.

" I didn't even introduce myself properly. "Mum said coming out of nowhere with Benji following suit.I rolled my eyes.I was a hundred percent sure that they were eavesdropping.

" Hi,I'm Camilla's Mum,Sandra."

"Yeah,I pretty much saw the striking resemblance between two very pretty  Ladies."He commented bringing a satisfied smile on Mum's face.

Huh....That boy and his flattery.

" I'm Jake Greene,A ...."

"Friend of mine." I completed looking up at him with a smile.

"Thanks and Goodnight Mrs Parker." Jay said picking up his car keys.

"Can't you at least stay until the storm has subsided." Mum urged referring to the light shower of rain .He nodded and sunk back on the chair.

"Jake Greene,I've heard so much about you ." Benji bellowed as Jay got up to shake his hand.

"Benji?" Jay asked with a smile looking at me.I nodded my head in support.

"Firm grip dude.Do you lift?" Benji asked.

"Yeah,in the off season."Jay replied.

" Well how much?"Benji asked as I drew their random guy talks out of my mind.

"You guys aren't dating?" Mum asked shocked from her position on my bed minutes after Jay had left.

"Yeah," I nodded as she stared at me.

"You know he stood in the rain for almost half an hour trying to talk to you right?" She pressed.

"Yes Mum."

"You're not hiding anything away from me are you?" She asked narrowing her eyes not once leaving mum mode.

"No.He's even got a girlfriend." I said as my voice trailed off.

"Sure,Goodnight." She ended giving me a kiss on my forehead.

"Goodnight Mum." I said softly as my room gradually became dim.