Chapter 32 : Pity Case

The wheels of the car rolled to a stop at the front of my house.After saying bye to Jay,I jumped down from the truck, missing my step and breaking my heel,my ankle striking against the hard cold concrete.

"Are you okay? "Jay asked hurriedly unbuckling his seatbelt and making as if to come out and help me out.

"I'm good, broken heel.Bad luck bullshit."I  faked a laugh making him smile at my use of a cuss word.

"You sure? " He asked for clarity.

"Sure."I nodded  slipping off the broken footwear and taking a gentle step.

The pain shot through my leg and I winced,lucky that my back was turned to Jay.

"Bye."I gave him a  final wave determined to hide my limp as I tiredly hobbled to the front door.

Taking the key out from the flowerpot, I pushed the door open letting myself in.

The place was dark and I didn't bother  switching the lights on.I was afraid of waking the house up,it was way past my curfew.

I managed to climb up the stairs and arrived at my door.Pushing the door open,I slipped off the broken heel and threw it carelessly on the ground.

I switched my lights on and nearly had a heart attack. For there stood Dad,clothed like I left him looking out of my window watching Jay's car as it drove off.

I put my hand on my chest to help myself recover dreading what was yet to happen.

"What's the time Sweetie."Dad asked taking a cursory glance at his wrist watch ,his eyes a darker shade of brown.

I reached for my phone and stared at the phone screen knowing I had overstepped it this time.But he had no right sneaking up on me like that.

12 : 45 am it read.

"I don't know,few minutes after eleven." I lied playing it cool and switching off my phone.

"Well now you're lying to me! I thought all this sneaking around stopped months ago, when you got yourself drunk .Now you're missing curfew ! I specifically told you to call me if something happened.Why didn't you?"He questioned.

My eyes widened at the fact that he knew I had drank alcohol before.

"What! So now you're accusing me of drinking and sneaking around when you're the one intruding in my privacy,?"I retorted.

"I'm your Father, speak to me with respect Annabelle.And don't forget I take out the trash.You should have been more responsible disposing your leftovers."Dad stated and the reality hit me.

"Just because you found drink cans in the bin doesn't mean it's me. . ."I started.

"Don't make me review the security tapes."He threatened putting a deadly silence to my outburst.

"It's only an hour.No need to act all pissed off about it."I stated.

"You're still a minor Annabelle.I refuse to let you or any child of mine live on the whims of their teenage fantasies.End of discussion."He declared.

"We'll talk about this tomorrow,get some rest."He stated taking his mug of coffee from my window sill and progressing out.

"And you're grounded Annabelle.If you feel you're ready to talk you come on to me."He ended slamming the door behind him.

My life sucked.

I dropped to the ground and burst into tears.Feeling the emotional pain I went through today and the physical one,my throbbing ankle.Confused as to the real reason why I was crying.