Chapter 44 : Acts Out

Well maybe she likes you back too,or even more.You'll never know unless you try huh?

                                                          ~mhayary

Jay's Point Of View

It was a Monday afternoon after school.I stuffed the last of the sweet wrappers in my locker before whipping my head to the side after hearing a feminine but steady voice call out to me.

"Yo Greene!"She waved from the distance.I hurriedly buried the sweet wrappers between my textbooks and beckoned her to come over.She arrived in a few seconds and I whipped my gaze back at her.

"What's up Rachel?"I asked closing my locker to prevent her from stumbling on any of my stuff.

"We need to talk, about Camilla and what happened during the weekend."She briefed.

My face scrunched up in distaste.Camilla clearly hadn't breathed a word about it and it drove me insane.What the fuck was going on between she and Martin.I'd given her the cold shoulder the whole day for absolutely no reason since the incident.We weren't dating so she wasn't tied to me but it hut imagining there was ever something between she and Martin.The mere thought of it drove me crazy.
Plus another reason I avoided her was because I was afraid I'll spill how I felt for her out and scare her away.I wasn't risking the chance of spoiling the growing friendship between us.

I whipped my attention back to her friend,who held the answer to what I needed, Rachel could be trusted couldn't she?

"Um I don't think here,will be the best place to talk.Why don't we meet at McDonalds?"I suggested as the hallway was crowded with students trying to leave for home.

"Sure.I'll grab my stuff and meet you there."She waved walking off to pack her stuff.

It was an hour after school and I sat at McDonalds with Rachel,my drink and burger almost untouched as we spoke

"I swear,it's not because she's my friend or anything but she'd never kiss that lunatic.Think about it Jake.Don't let her slip through your fingers."She ended.Giving !e a sensible explanation to Camilla's misadventures.I relaxed a little hearing the explanation,she didn't like Martin as much as I did.
.
"What do you mean?"I slowly threaded at her last statement.

"You like my friend, don't even bother to deny it.I know."She said airily.

I nodded awkwardly."So you'll help me?"I asked calmly.

"With?"She asked taking a sip of her coke.

"I want to tell her how I feel."I stated.

She let out a smile,"Finally!"

                                             ***

Camilla's Point Of View

It was bad that Jay was giving me the cold shoulder.But now Rachel too. The two of them were acting really odd  now after the Martin incident.

The last time I saw Rachel with him was yesterday,after school talking beside Jay's locker.I'd for a second thought she was there explaining stuff to him, making him realize that I could never betray him.But there she was today, flipping her hair flirtatiously behind her back at something funny Jay had said.She slapped Jay's bicep in her fit of laughter and I watched as he did nothing to brush her hands off.
I watched on by my locker, getting ticked off each second they spent together.

"Camilla,"Harry called snapping me back to the present.

"Um?"

"It's almost time for Calculus.I'll see you at lunch."She waved walking up to Fahd who lingered by, waiting to walk her to class.