Chapter 16 : Bring It On

I woke up with a start. School was about to start in fifty minutes and I wasn't even dressed yet.
Ugh!I'd forgotten to charge my phone last night and so my alarm didn't ring.I plugged the phone in and rushed to the bathroom.
I managed to get to school within some few minutes and was a bit reluctant to get myself to first period which was physical education.
I wasn't really in the mood to jump or move my body in anyway as I silently prayed that the teacher would be out sick with Chickenpox or anything!
But it wasn't so.The gym teacher stood proud and tall as I arrived wearily.
I found Harry and Rachel who were warming up and sunk down gratefully to the floor pretending to do some stretches.

"Alright, huddle up." The gym teacher announced as we said bye bye to our stretches.
He announced the days game which was dodgeball and I groaned in dissatisfaction pulling myself from the group of students.
I teamed up with Rachel and Harry as we were supposed to take down Jessica,Eva and Mabel's trio.

"This is going to be fun." Harry said wryly as Rachel pulled us to the play station.
The game started really fast since suddenly a ball flew past my head.I barely had time to recover when another was thrown at me.
I looked up in shock to meet Jessica and Eva totally stoning me with balls. So I mean I was their target though I hadn't even picked a ball yet.
An overwhelming power surged through me as I realised they were throwing the balls to hurt me but not necessarily get me out of the game. They thought that they could pummel me into submission with those balls?
Bring it on!
I picked up a ball and aimed it right back at Jessica.She narrowly missed it and threw another ball aimlessly which nearly caught Harry.
Harry looked up in shock before charging up like a bull.
I threw more balls repeatedly at Eva and Jessica . Harry tackled Mabel while Rachel covered for the both of us.
I threw the balls with all the anger and pain I was harboring for the past few months. The pain seemed to lighten as each ball narrowly missed them.Soon,I threw a ball which caught Eva on her thigh and she opted out.Two more to go.
Harry then knocked Mabel out as Jessica became the last woman standing.
I threw four balls in quick succession at Jessica and the last one finally got her.
She looked up at me before muttering some inaudible nonsense.
"Argh!" Jessica yelped as a ball hit her on her butt.
"That's what you get for calling my bff a slut,slut!" Harry lashed throwing another winning ball at Jessica.
"We won!" Rachel exclaimed dropping her ball and rushing over to engulf Harry and I in a group hug.
"I never knew that you both had inner demons." Rachel laughed in between hugs.
"I barely did anything." She added.
"We were just sick of those spoilt brats." Harry explained.

"That was some badass dodgeball I saw out there Parker." Jay commented looking up at me impressed as I stuffed my books in my bag.

"I got engulfed in the moment, tell me to play that same way and I can't." I joked.

"I can spot a budding player when I see one." He added looking straight at me delivering the compliment.
I laughed and in the process and caught Rachel who was standing some few lockers behind Jay's eye.

I had to go.

"I know right." I replied quickly zipping up my bag.

"So I was wondering why you suddenly had the zeal for dodgeball ." Jay droned as I flung my backpack over my shoulder.

"I don't know.Some energy." I replied forcing a smile since Rachel was shooting me daggers.

"Come on!" She mouthed as I looked at Jay who leaned against my locker and started another line of conversation.

"It sort of reminded me of the episode in Henry Danger in which Ray and Schwoz were trying to beat Piper's team."
He continued.

"Yeah,that episode was hilarious." I added.