Squawking Seagulls [Pearl X Amethyst]

"Ah," Amethyst sighed contently and leaned back in the lawn chair she had drug out onto the sand in front of the temple. Basking in the scorching summer sun and kicking her feet up, she grinned. "The sun is shining, the seagulls are squawki--"
"AMETHYST!"
Amethyst snickered. "Yup. The seagulls're squawking alright." She cracked open an eye, and found Pearl standing in front of her, arms crossed and toe tapping with annoyance. "What's up, P?"
"'What's up?!'" Pearl huffed and glared at her furiously. She abruptly flung something in Amethyst's face, startling her and causing her to nearly fall out of her chair. "You know exactly what is up! I found your garbage in my room again! I am sick and tired of YOUR junk ending up in MY room!"
"Woah, P, chill out," Amethyst rolled her eyes and brushed various soggy, fairly disgusting assorted items off her shoulder and chest. She paused and narrowed her eyes. Amethyst spit on her own gem, then used the bottom of her shirt to polish and clean it. Pearl made a face, to which Amethyst shrugged.
"Excuse me? We're having a conversation here, remember?" Pearl hissed impatiently, tapping her toe again.
Amethyst crinkled her nose. "Yeah, yeah, look, I didn't do it on purpose this time, swear." Pearl shot her an incredulous look.
"You honestly expect me to believe that lame excuse again?"
"Uh, yeah." She rolled her eyes again, "Duh. That trick's gotten old, anyways. No way I'd pull the same stunts everyday. I promise, I don't know how that stuff got there this time."
"And I assume pigs are flying as well?"
Amethyst blinked. "What?"
"Oh, my gosh--just--nevermind! Next time I catch your trash in my room, you'll be sorry, Amethyst." Pearl threatened, putting her hands on her hips now and raising her head arrogantly. Amethyst snorted and lounged in her chair again, closing her eyes and waving her away.
"Yeah, you'll make me pay and junk, I know, I know. Whatever. Catch ya later, P."
Amethyst yawned and scratched her rear end. She was hoping she'd catch some Zs before Garnet inevitably called them up for their next mission. Just as she was drifting off, she heard the sound of something dragging in the sand. Thinking it was Steven coming to hang, Amethyst shouted a greeting whilst still keeping her eyes shut.
"How's it goin', buddy?" She called, smiling and waving at whatever direction she assumed Steven was coming from.
"Oh, I'm still mad at you, but Garnet has given us a day off, and Steven's off with Connie, so unfortunately you're my only option at the moment." Pearl muttered. The lawn chair creaked as she sat down; since Amethyst had taken the nicer chair, Pearl was left with the broken down one.
Amethyst groaned and sat up, turning to look at Pearl. She was crouched uncomfortably in the dusty old chair, obviously grossed out. Her lanky limbs didn't really make it any less awkward for her either, what with the way she perched on the edge precariously, trying so hard to keep her delicate tutu clean. She gave Amethyst a face that implied something along the lines of "if you say tease me about this at all I will punch you."
"You havin' some trouble, P?" Amethyst sniggered. Pearl raised her fist. "Why don't we go play in the water instead?"
Pearl lowered her fist, frowning. "Really?" Amethyst nodded. "Well, I suppose I should change first if we're going to--"
"Nah, don't worry about it. You'll be fine!" Amethyst jumped up before Pearl could protest and grabbed her by the wrist. She pulled her over to the ocean and only let her go when she was ankle deep. Pearl opened her mouth to nag, so Amethyst sent a tsunami her way. Pearl spluttered and started to nag anyways, looking like a drowned cat the whole time. Eventually, Amethyst just stopped listening and instead focused on the little critters in the water around them.
Catching sight of a crab, Amethyst dived into the water and snatched it up. She cackled, tossing it in Pearl's direction. It latched onto her skirt edge, and Pearl yelped, waving her hands frantically. Of course, this caused Amethyst to begin laughing so hard that she couldn't even breath. Eventually, though, she felt bad and yanked the little guy off of her tutu and dropped him back into the waves. He crawled over her toes before being pulled away by the tide and disappearing.
Pearl crossed her arms over her chest, irked and dank. The two gem warriors engaged in a silent staring contest for a bit until Pearl suddenly smiled. Without a word, she splashed Amethyst straight in the face. Amethyst laughed and splashed her in return. By the time they calmed down, they were both drenched and giggling.
They wandered back to the dry sand and shook themselves off. Still laughing, Amethyst and Pearl headed inside the temple, leaving their stuff on the beach. Pearl fetched a towel for herself and dried her hair out then scrubbed her arms and collar.
"What, you just gonna let me stand here and catch a cold?" Amethyst teased.
"You know where the towels are, Amethyst," Pearl chided. "Get one yourself."
"Aw, come on, P," Amethyst whined. Really, she was just too lazy. "Please?" She begged, giving Pearl her best puppy eyes.
"Ugh, fine." Pearl handed Amethyst her damp towel. "Here, just use this one." Though she was annoyed, Pearl couldn't hide the lingering smile on her lips. She had enjoyed messing around with Amethyst, surprisingly enough. Amethyst took the towel and dried herself off.
Pearl started to shiver and Amethyst smirked. She held up a finger, telling her to wait, and padded off to her room. She returned with a purple hoodie in her arms. "Here," Amethyst pushed it into Pearl's arms, "Take it."
They both knew Pearl could just change, or get her own jacket. They also both knew that neither of them could catch something as common as a cold. But Pearl took it anyways, pulling it over her head and smiling shyly. Her cheeks flushed, she tucked her hands behind her back and turned her head slightly. "Thank you, Amethyst." Pearl murmured. Amethyst grinned, flushed as well, and punched her lightly in the shoulder.
"No prob, P. Just remember to give it back." Pearl nodded and after a moment of idle chat, they separated for the day. That night, before she actually got around to changing clothing, Pearl thought of Amethyst, and smiled to herself, hugging the hoodie close to her thin frame.