Trying Something New [Ruby X Sapphire]

Technically, this is a request from Island_Royalty, sabrina0524, BaconPancakes19, Corna-Void, _RaindropMelody_, and StarStreamer2...though this may be nothing like what anyone was expecting 030
Okay, so even though this isn't shippy at all, I just really wanted to write this anyways. Also, I snuck in my headcanon weapons for Ruby and Sapphire, so that's another thing. I had my fried Trishia_D help me with the plot again :) (psst she's super cool you should check her out!) i was also going to draw a chapter cover related to this in some way, but Ive been drawing all day so I decided just to put up something I did a few days ago instead. i wrote this really quick but I actually like it -3- so....hopefully, you will too!
I'll probably be going over it for the next day or so, checking for any mistakes I made in all my haste so please excuse any messy areas >/////<

---

Finally, they had disposed of the last chunk of Peridot's ship. Garnet, Pearl, Amethyst, and Steven all stood on the porch of the temple, brushing sand off of themselves and wiping sweat from their brow. It was blistering hot outside, but at least the beach was clean.
"Well, I'm gonna go take a nap for twenty years or so," Amethyst yawned and padded inside.
Pearl nodded but then blinked and opened the door quickly. "Amethyst, wait, hold on!"
"Ugh, what's up?" She looked over her shoulder at Pearl. She had a few slices of cheese in her mouth as well as a whole loaf of bread and a full package of sandwich meat stuffed in her arm. Amethyst reached for the mustard, turning back to the fridge.
Pearl sighed, "Well," she glanced at everyone else, who had now shifted their attention to her, "I was wondering if you would all like to come explore a gem temple with me. I was just wandering around last night and I found it. I've never seen it before, but it looks completely abandoned, so I figured it would be a nice, relaxing vacation of sorts." She shrugged and shifted, brushing a few stray strands of hair from her eyes.
Garnet nodded wordlessly and Steven beamed. "Wow, a mysterious gem temple?! Is it super cool? Are we gonna fight awesome monsters?" He gushed, poking Pearl's thigh.
Pearl smiled faintly and shook her head. "Well, no. As I said, it looked fairly empty. I just thought it would be interesting to explore something new for once."
Amethyst groaned. "Can I finish my sandwiches first?" She grumbled. She was already making seven sandwiches in the kitchen counter and was busy eating the parts to one as she spoke.
Pearl rolled her eyes. "Fine. But you have five minutes."
Steven began to bounce up and down and pulled out his phone, texting Connie excitedly. They had been testing a lot more everyday, since Connie was sort of busy with tennis practice; that meant they couldn't hang out a lot.
Garnet leaned against the side of the house, her arms crossed over her chest with a very slight smile upon her lips as she watched Steven's face light up. Pearl glanced at Garnet, then Steven, then back to Garnet. She inhaled deeply and then turned to the front door, peering inside at Amethyst. She was devouring two sandwiches at a time and holding the rest in her arms. Pearl shuddered and looked away quickly before she could gag.
A few minutes later, Amethyst padded outside, licking her fingers with sandwich remains on her face. "I'm ready."
Garnet glanced at her. "You got a little something..." She pursed her lips and the gestured to her whole face, "...everywhere."
Amethyst laughed and reached for the bottom of Pearl's shirt. Pearl yelped and jumped back, swatting her hand away. "Oh ho ho, no way, Amethyst! Go wash your face!"
Amethyst rolled her eyes and waved a hand, muttering under her breath as she turned and wiped her face on Garnet's leg instead. Garnet was still for a split second. Then she silently brushed whatever she could off of her thigh and unhitched herself from the wall.
Pearl grimaced, "Let's get going."
Steven held up one finger, shaking his head, "Wait, hold on! Let me finish this text!" He hastily typed the rest of his message and then stuffed his phone back into his pocket. "Oh! One more thing! Let me get my cheeseburger backpack! There might be some cool gem junk I can take home." Steven rushed inside and Pearl groaned impatiently, tapping her toe and casting her gaze upwards.
After another five minutes passed, they finally gathered together on the warp pad. Pearl looked around them and took a deep breath. "Okay! No more dilly dallying, right? Everyone's ready?" Without waiting for an answer, she activated the warp pad. "Good."