Dance With Me [Amethyst X Pearl]

Request from SaveRockAndRose.
Sorry it took so long to get the cover up! I spent a good bit of time on it >~<

---

"Amethyst!" Pearl called, forcing her way into Amethyst's room. The door closed behind her and she stood in front of it with her hands on her hips and a scowl upon her lips. She stalked over to one of Amethyst's favorite junk piles, figuring she would be there sleeping or eating or just being Amethyst in general, but she had no luck. Her frown deepened and she went to the next pile, gingerly stepping over and around any trash she encountered. Still no sign of her.
Just as she was ready to call for her again, Pearl heard faint music coming from around yet another junk pile. Her brow furrowed with confusion and she peeked around the trash tower. She found Amethyst swaying her hips to a funky, pop beat in front of a large dirty mirror propped against the back of a half of a couch. The music was emitting from a little iPod sitting on an old, broken TV. Amethyst was mumbling some rap lyrics under her breath as she danced in the mirror, watching the way her hips popped and her hair cascaded with confidence shining bright in her eyes.
Pearl had to admit that, though her dancing style was sometimes inappropriate and suggestive, she had some moves. She watched for a moment longer, nodding appreciatively to herself, before stepping out from behind the pile she was hiding behind. Amethyt's noticed her instantly but she just grinned and nodded at her.
Pearl opened her mouth to begin her complaining but Amethyst interrupted her before she could start. "Come dance with me, Pearl!" She gestured invitingly, still dancing even as she pleaded for Pearl to join. "You know you want to~" Amethyst sang, laughing.
Pearl shook her head quickly but Amethyst wasn't having any of it. She hopped over and took her hands in her own. She pulled her close and turned up the music before threading their fingers together and spinning Pearl. Pearl yelped in surprise and held onto Amethyst tightly when she dipped her. But soon enough Amethyst was tired of dancing Pearl's way.
She released Pearl and tossed her hair, putting her hands up in the air and shaking her hips to the beat. "Ugh," Pearl groaned, crossing her arms over her chest and turning, ready to just leave without her sword. Amethyst grinned her again, this time placing her hands on her hips.
"Come on, P!" She whined, "Just let loose a little bit! You've been so tense lately. You need to shake it out!"
"I will not be shaking anything," Pearl mumbled, blushing and looking away from Amethyst. Her hands, cute and plump, were warm on her hips. It smelled like garbage in Amethyst's room, but Amethyst herself carried the faint aroma of syrup, which probably came from breakfast that morning. It was a sweet, rich smell that made Pearl want to close what little distance was between them.
Amethyst pouted, "Don't be such a stiff. Look, just do what I do." She removed her hands from Pearls waist and took a few steps back. Amethyst took a moment to find the beat and then started to move her hips, putting her hands in the air and bobbing her head, as well. Pearl watched her curiously. In all honesty, even though Pearl much preferred her dancing style better, she was a little jealous of Amethyst. She was far fuller than Pearl, so she had nicer hips, and she looked kind of cool with the way she moved.
Amethyst spoke, breaking Pearl's train of thought. "Now you try. Just listen for the beat and let your body do the rest!"
Pearl sighed and uncrossed her arms reluctantly. She cast her gaze skyward and started to tap her toe in time, then very slightly moved her body. Amethyst waved her hand, gesturing for her to pick it up.
Pearl let out yet another sigh and dropped her hands by her side. In a burst of confidence, she swung her hips and arched her back, putting her hands in the air. "Hey, now you're gettin' it!" Amethyst cheered. Pearl smiled slightly, ignoring the way her face heated up, and started to dance. Like, really dance. She moved her hips and ducked her head and held her hands just a little bit above her head. Pearl had picked up a nice, catchy beat in the music and was using it to guide her and move her.
Amethyst scooted closer, dancing beside the taller gem warrior. Amethyst bumped her a bit and grinned. She started to shake her rear, holding her hands out in front of her. Pearl typically would have taken a good twenty steps back and lectured her on how inappropriate and unladylike that was, but the music had taken control of her. She danced alongside Amethyst, moving with her in perfect synchronization and beaming at no one in particular.
As they danced, Pearl and Amethyst's gems began to glow faintly. Their hearts and minds were in tune with one another. But since they weren't dancing like this to fuse, that subconscious reminder kept them separate but still in sync. Unlike Steven, who was no where near close to mastering his gem abilities, Pearl and Garnet and Amethyst knew how to control themselves. They could dance like this all they wanted but unless they put their mind to fusing, they would only dance and nothing more.
A few songs passed, and then finally they reached the end of Amethyt's playlist. They still slowly, Pearl panting and Amethyt's grinning from ear to ear. Pearl's whole faced was flushed a cute minty color and Amethyst's cheeks were tinted purple as well. Amethyst padded over to her iPod and got ready to play her songs over again. But then she remembered Pearl was here and she had come looking for something. She chuckled and crawled up into her trash pile until she found a sword. It had fallen down into her room from a waterfall earlier that day and Amethyst had put it in her pile so it wouldn't get lost.
She turned around and sat on a mass of old jackets and hoodies. She found Pearl standing awkwardly beside the mirror, looking into it out of the corner of her eye. Her breathing had steadied but her blush had only worsened. Her hands were clasped properly in front of her, like nothing had ever happened. Amethyst smiled to herself. It was nice to see her relax and loosen up like that, and she actually looked pretty cute when she was dancing.
"Hey!" Amethyst called, waving the sword in the air. Pearl looked up at her and raised an eyebrow.
"You knew where it was this whole time?" She asked in annoyance.
"Yup. Catch!" Amethyst tossed the sword down. Pearl let out a yelp and caught it skillfully, her eyes wide.
"Amethyst!" She scolded, "That was very dangerous!"
Back to her usual nagging self, Amethyst thought, shaking her head and laughing. "Yeah, yeah. Just get going. You got your sword,"
Pearl huffed and stomped away, still grumbling under her breath as she picked her way through the garbage that totally consumed Amethyt's room. She was so into her quiet complaining that she didn't even hear Amethyst following behind her. Pearl placed a hand on Amethyt's door, readying to force it open, when it opened on its own. Pearl pulled her hand back and frowned. Before she could look around, Amethyst grabbed her wrist and pulled her down so that they were eye-level.
Pearl tilted her head with confusion. "What is i--"
Amethyst interrupted her with a kiss upon the lips. Pearl's eyes widened, but she made no move to pull away. The kiss lasted for a moment or two but then Amethyst let her go abruptly. Before Pearl could say anything, Amethyst placed her hands on Pearl's rear and pushed her out the door. She stumbled, nearly falling face first. Pearl righted herself hastily and spun in her heel to inquire as to what that kiss was all about.
But the door was already closing and all she could see was a hint of Amethyst's wide grin and flushed cheeks.