King (And Queen) of the Beach [Sadie X Lars]

A dumb lil thing I made to reward myself for my the excellent grades on my most recent report card. It gets super choppy at the end, but oh well. It also involves some of my headcanons so yeah 030 enjoy!

---

"Ahh, summer at last!" Sadie sighed contently as she helped Lars set up the extra summer rush tables outside of the Big Donut. "No school and more work hours!"
"You want to know the only good thing about summer?" Lars grumbled, nudging a chair into place, "All the vacationing beach babes. Boyfriend free and bikini ready."
Sadie rolled her eyes, "Men. They're all the same."
"Just keepin' it real, Sadie." He shrugged and plopped down into the chair he had just pulled up. Lars closed his eyes and put his hands behind his head, kicking back. Just as he got comfortable, Sadie stalked over and whacked him upside the head.
"Lars, get up, you lazy lout! We have work to do still," she scolded. Lars groaned and went limp in his chair.
"Saaaadieee," Lars whined, flopping his arms and giving her a look. Sadie giggled and suddenly kicked the leg of his chair, making it almost fall out from under him. Lars yelped and jumped to his feet with a huff. Sadie eyed him triumphantly.
"Ready to work now?" She grinned. Lars stuck his tongue out at her and headed inside the Big Donut with Sadie in tow. They settled at the counter after Sadie flipped the OPEN sign.
It was silent for a while, with Sadie tapping her nails on the side of the cash register and Lars texting away.

The day was half over by the time they closed shop. Sadie flipped the sign to the side that said SORRY WE'RE CLOSED and locked up behind her. Lars was lingering awkwardly as she tucked the keys away.
"What's up, Lars?" She asked, raising an eyebrow and giving him a look.
"Wanna go to the beach?" He suggested, shrugging and playing it cool as always.
Sadie blinked. "Like, now?"
"Uh, yeah. I mean, if that's alright. It might be relaxing after a day of work."
"I hope you know today was the slowest day we've had in a long time. There were only two customers."
"Yeah, that's because everyone is at the beach. It's a sign that we should be too."
Sadie thought about it and finally nodded. "Alright, sure. How about I meet you at the fry stand, and we can get some food before we go. I've got to get into my bathing suit first though."
Lars hastily stifled his grin. "Alright, cool. See you in fifteen?"
"Maybe twenty." Sadie shrugged and waved, walking off. She got back to her house and sat up in her room, staring at her assortment of bathing suits, all laid out on the floor of her bed. She had a frilly one piece, and a polka dotted bikini, along with a few tankinis and bathing suit covers.
It was a little odd of Lars to suggest that they go to the beach together so suddenly, but she was happy at the same time. Sadie loved spending time with Lars, so of course she would go, no problem. Besides, it was summer after all. What would summer be if you never went to the beach?
She sighed and shuffled through her suits. After a moment, she eliminated the one piece. It wasn't that she was super insecure about her body or anything, it's just that that sort of fit wasn't suited for her body type.
See, Sadie was diagnosed with Turners Syndrome. This caused her to be short and have a more V shaped body. She was still fully female, but she just had an abnormal body structure. No big deal, right?
She exhaled uneasily, shifting a bit. Sometimes Sadie wondered what people thought of her. She had never told anyone she had Turners, not even Lars. And he was like her best friend. Well, other than Steven of course. So, no one really knew there was an explanation for the way she looked.
She quickly averted her thoughts. Sadie turned her focus back to her outfit. She thought maybe she could do the baby blue, frilled bikini with some swimming shorts of something. Or maybe a red and cream tankini?
Sadie debated this for a while until finally coming to a decision. She grabbed the bikini and a matching short skirt to wear over it. Sadie changed into her bathing suit quickly, realizing that she had wasted a good amount of time just deciding what to wear. Lars would be wondering where she was, she thought as she jumped into her sandals.
She grabbed a beach bag and put in some sun screen, a towel, shades, her phone, hair ties, and a little book to read if she got bored. Sadie paused at her floor to ceiling mirror on her way out and removed the little makeup she had on; she only ever wore concealer so that she could hide her freckles.
Sadie jogged out of her house and towards the boardwalk. By the time she got to the fry stand, Lars was already there, ordering both of their fries with a towel over his arm. He looked up as she came over and raised an eyebrow when she leaned against the side of the stand trying to catch her breath.
"Did you just run here?"
"Jogged," she corrected breathlessly, "there's a difference."
"Ohh, okay," he chuckled and rolled his eyes, sliding her fries over to her. "Here ya go."
"Thanks," she dipped her head and squirted some ketchup on her fries. "Wanna eat these on our way?" She asked, already eating even as she spoke.
Lars shrugged, "Sure,"
They promptly headed towards the beach, eating their fries quickly.
"Hey Sadie," Lars said between fries.
Sadie glanced at him, swallowing her bite before mumbling, "Yeah?"
"You, uh...you look nice." He grumbled, his voice cracking a bit. Lars ran a hand through his curly Mohawk and completely avoided looking at her for even a second. Sadie giggled and punched his arm playfully, blushing faintly.
"You're not half bad yourself, ya big jerk," she teased, turning her head to hide her shy smile.
By the time they reached the sands, they were finished with their food and threw their trash away. Lars lead Sadie to a clear spot in the beach and they laid out their towels on the sand. Sadie dropped her bag beside her towel, grabbing her sunscreen and squirting some in her hand. She put most of it on her face, but she made sure she got all she could.
"Hey Lars?" Sadie looked over her shoulder at him. He was standing a foot or two away, looking around awkwardly. He seemed to be avoiding looking at her in particular.
"Huh?" He glanced at her.
"Would you mind putting some on my back? I can't reach..."
"Oh, um, sure," Lars grabbed the sunscreen and put some in his palm. He rubbed it onto her back, his face tinted a pale pink as he did so. When he was finished Sadie thanked him and turned.
"Do you need any?" She asked.
"Nah," Lars shook his head, looking away and tucking his hands in the pockets of his plain grey and black swimming shorts. "Thanks, though." He scuffed his toes in the sand and glanced at her. "That bathing suit...suits you, by the way."
The comment was sudden and awkward, but surely appreciated. It caused a faint blossom of pink to spread across Sadie's cheeks and her heart to flutter reflexively. She squirmed a bit, lowering her head and fiddling with the folds and wrinkles of her suit. "Thanks," she mumbled, raising her head to beam at him. Lars grinned at the sight of her smile and nodded.
There was a split second of silence before Sadie grabbed Lars by the wrist and drug him through the grainy sand towards the water. "Come on!" She shouted elatedly, pulling and pulling and refusing to let go. Lars chuckled and stumbled after her, splashing into the wild waves that lapped at the land. They erupted into joyful cries, kicking and hitting salty water at one another with the sun burning hard on their skin.
Sadie snickered as she pushed Lars into an oncoming wave so that he was tossed under the surface and tumbled around. His head popped up a few feet away, with his Mohawk soaked and flat against his shaved head. He spit out some water and gagged when he coughed up some seaweed. Sadie could barely stifle her laughter as he stomped towards her with the intent of revenge. Lars sent a tsunami her way, using it as a distraction to pick her up and hold her bridal-style in his arms until another massive wave approached. When it was just far enough away, he tossed her in the deeper water, thankful that she was so small.
Sadie resurfaced moments later behind him, grabbing his calf and yanking him down into the salty brine. Lars yelped as he came splashing beside her, a wave washing on them both, filling their noses with water and making them sputter distastefully. Sadie and Lars sat up on a sand bar together, laughing and choking and shaking out their hair, letting the waves pull them weakly, using the sand bar as an anchor by digging their toes and fingers into it. A bit of seaweed wrapped itself around Sadie's middle and she smirked, picking it up gingerly between two fingers and waving it around like a threat. Lars tried to duck underwater before she could get any ideas but Sadie had already tossed it into his eyes.
"Aw, gross!" He whined, shaking his head fervently and swatting at the slimy thing. Sadie nearly split a seam she was laughing so hard, rocking back as she struggled to keep her head above water.
Another big wave came around and she ducked underwater with Lars, holding onto his hand to keep herself in place. When it had passed, they straightened and smiled at one another, faces flushed and hot with the suns energy. Sadie could feel the tops of her cheeks and the tip of her nose burning, but she was having too much fun to care. It was summer and she was with her best friend in the whole world. A little sunburn wasn't going to ruin this moment. Nothing was.

They fooled around in the ocean for a good while longer, but soon the sun began to set and everyone was leaving at last. Sadie and Lars were drying themselves on the boardwalk, still breathless and simpering.
"That was fun!" Sadie said as she wrapped her towel around her chest and tucked the corner in to hold it up. She stuffed some things in her beach bag and straightened with a soft huff. Her hair had fallen into her eyes and she tried to blow it away, but to no avail.
Lars's smile softened and he leaned down, reaching to brush her hair out of her eyes and behind her ear with gentle, trembling fingers.
"Yeah, it was..." He mumbled. Sadie's breath caught in her throat and her frenzied grin abated. Her eyes met his, the sunset reflecting in their color. The noise of the world around them faded away and all she could hear was her own breath mingling with Lars's. Her heart pounded in her chest, threatening to break free from the cage of her ribs.
"Um..." Sadie licked her lips anxiously, worrying the hem of her towel in a nervous habit. Lars inhaled deeply and then, all of the sudden, pressed his lips upon hers. The kiss was gentle and slow, and a little painful with her sun blistered skin. But she pushed aside the pain and reached up to put her arms around his neck. Lars pressed his palms against her lower back and Sadie eased herself into her tippy toes to give herself a good inch or two more.
What seemed like hours passed until the kiss broke at last. Sadie rocked back on her heels, shocked at the kiss itself but also at the fact that Lars actually had enough guts to do something like that on his own. Sadie had jokingly thought about before, and she had always thought that she would be the dominant one if they ever had something going on. But it seemed she had underestimated Lars.
Sadie blinked rapidly, pressing her knuckles to her bruised, burning lips. Her face felt hot--and not just because she had a killer sunburn. She smiled shyly and giggling under her breath. "We should...probably head home...we still have work tomorrow..." She whispered, grabbing her bag and easing the strap over her shoulder with a slight wince. Her skin was always so tender, but she had just gotten so distracted that she had forgotten to reapply her sunscreen. Oh, well, who cares about her stupid sensitive skin. Lars had just kissed her! Lars, kissed her!
Lars nodded and ruffled her hair. "Alright. We should do this again soon."
Sadie grinned. "Yeah, of course."
She pulled him down and pressed a quick kiss to his cheek. "See you tomorrow, Lars." She mumbled as she released him and waved, turning away and starting down the boardwalk.
"G'night, P2!" Lars called with an enthusiastic wave goodbye. "See ya!"