Never Tiring [Lapis X Peridot]

Lapidot was requested by BeastBoyandRae, lapidot-, and xrevli.

Omg I took way too long drawing the cover whyyyyyyy
Well, this one was pretty short, and my friend gave me a good idea, so I've got another Lapidot one coming up right after this. Get ready! :D

--

Lapis sighed contently, resting her head on Peridot's chest and closing her eyes. She had her legs laying across Peridot's lap, her skirt draping over the edge of the space-agey floating swivel chair they were currently cuddling in. Peridot had reluctantly closed her menu out, and all her fingers returned to their rightful place at the base of her hand. She had one arm wrapped around Lapis and the other placed awkwardly on the arm of the chair.
Lapis cracked open an eye, looking up at Peridot, who was scowling and blushing furiously. Lapis giggled at how flustered she was just from cuddling. She pressed a quick kiss to Peridot's jaw before lowering her head again. She moved to wrap her arms around Peridots shoulders, humming happily to herself.
Peridot huffed softly, turning her head and looking out one of the many large windows that lined most of the walls of her ship. To anybody else, the beautiful cosmos thriving outside that window might be stunning. But Peridot had seen those same stars too many times, and she found them to be duller now, as if their beauty had faded after so many viewings.
"What are you thinking about?"
Lapis's sudden whisper, despite its softness, made Peridot startle.
Peridot glanced at her. "The stars."
"They're amazing, aren't they?" Lapis smiled and raised her head, looking over her shoulder at the stars as they passed.
Peridot shrugged. "Not really." Lapis frowned and sat up a bit more. She traced little circles on Peridot's cheek with her pinky, watching the cold green gem as she explained. "I've seen these very same stars and milkways and cosmos so many times...I suppose they're just not that great anymore."
"I think they're captivating." Lapis sighed, "But I guess that's because I've been trapped in a mirror for thousands of years."
"Probably." Peridot looked away again, raising a hand to examine one of her floating digits lazily. She flexed her fingers, rotating them in the silence that ensued between the two gems.
Lapis's brow furrowed and she turned her head, silent in thought. "Well..."
Peridot raised an eyebrow. "What?" She turned her head, watching Lapis from the corner of her eye.
"Will you ever get tired of me, do you think?" Lapis whispered softly, frowning with her head ducked. She worried at the end of the ribbon the tied her top in a nervous habit and took a slow, deep breath.
Peridot blinked. "No...Of course not." She murmured, scowling. "I'm not that cruel. Besides, your better than the stars, Lapis Lazuli." Peridot finally offered a small smile, running her fingers through Lapis's hair affectionately.
Lapis returned the smile quickly, giggling and hugging Peridot tightly. She nuzzled her cheek and kissed the corner of her mouth. "Thanks, Peri!" Lapis hummed and kicked her legs childishly.
Peridot chuckled, patting the top of her head and nodding. "I'm only being honest," She mumbled, flushed and beaming.