Pull Some (Heart)Strings [Peridot X Lapis]

This was a request from LupusesClaw and Japanese_Stalker. Sorry it's super short >~<" I hope you like it anyways!
Also I've been on a chapter cover drawing spree 030 why? I have no clue.

---

"Ugh," Peridot groaned, tapping her toe impatiently, "What's taking so long?" She growled and craned her neck, trying to see where Jasper was. She seemed to be taking her sweet time loading up. Yes, Earth wasn't going anywhere, but still. A little haste wouldn't kill anyone. Well, it may kill those blasted "Crystal Gems," but that's not the point.
Stupid Jasper, always thought she was so much better than everyone. Sure she was cool and strong and confident and...dammit.
Peridot couldn't take this any longer, just standing there waiting for Jasper with her thumb up her ass. She shook her head and huffed as she turned on her heels and stalked down the hallway of the ship. No harm in a little last minute maintenance check before they left for Earth. Peridot was just turning the corner when she froze.
There was the soft sound of sobbing coming from the cell at the end of the hall. Peridot frowned and quickly went over her mental list of everyone coming along on this mission. Herself, Jasper, Lapis Lazuli--Ah! Peridot nodded to herself. The crying must have come from Lapis, that mirror gem they had taken prisoner in order to give them information on Earths current state. Peridot cautiously crept down the corridor, peering through the faintly glowing barrier that trapped Lapis inside.
The blue-toned girl was huddled in the corner, her legs drawn tightly to her chest and her head tucked in her hands which rested atop her knees. Her hair fell in tangled strips around her face, but Peridot could still see Lapis Lazuli's reflective tears drip onto the floor beside her, shining like the mirror she was. Her body trembled with every broken sob.
Perdiot grimaced and felt her heart twist. She couldn't help but feel bad for the poor girl. Trapped in a mirror for who knows how long and now held captive by the very people she had fled to for refuge. It seemed Lapis just couldn't catch a break.
Peridot padded over and cleared her throat, trying to get Lapis's attention. When she didn't so much as move, Peridot sighed and sat down beside the barrier with her legs crossed. Lapis stopped crying for a moment and raised her head. She glanced at Peridot with wide, pleading eyes. Peridot set her jaw and turned her head before she could give in. Lapis sobbed once more and hung her head again.
Peridot listened to her desperate crying for a moment longer. But soon she couldn't take it any more. She looked around quickly and then starts to whisper to Lapis.
"Psst," Peridot hissed, "Lapis Lazuli..."
Lapis turned her head, wiping her eyes and glaring at Peridot weakly, "What?" She grumbled.
Perdiot sighed. "Look, I just want you to know, it's nothing personal. I'm just following orders. Once we return from this mission, I think your best bet would be to do whatever you're told. Maybe they'll go easy on you. Just...don't try to resist."
"Thanks for the tip," Lapis spat bitterly, scoffing and turning so that her back was to Peridot.
"Maybe I can pull some strings, if everything works out," Perdiot said quickly, "I'll do my best to help you out."
Lapis sniffled and turned back to face her, crawling over so that she was inches away from the barrier. She raised a hand, her fingertips hovering over the surface. She didn't dare touch it, as she knew it would send a painful shock through her whole body. "You mean it?" She whispered, the first spark of hope in a while flaring in her eyes. Peridot nodded and offered a tiny smile, angling her body so that she could hold her fingertips over the barrier as well.
"But...why would you help me?" Lapis asked with a confused frown.
"Because you haven't really done anything wrong, and yet you're being confined here. No one deserves to be held captive for no reason." Peridot lowered her head and sighed softly. "And I know Yellow Diamond can he harsh sometimes."
Lapis stared at her for a while until she smiled at last. "T-Thank you," she mumbled. Peridot raised her head and felt herself smiling as well. Their fingertips were inches apart, separated only by the electric field that trapped Lapis Lazuli in her little cell.
Silence ensued between them for the longest time. But without noticing it, Perdiot's hand had begun to slip. Suddenly, a sharp electric snap shot through her, causing her to yelp and jump to her feet. She stared down at her stinging fingertips and then back at Lapis, who had backed up and now stared up at her with fearful eyes.
Perdiot gasped and shook out her fingers with a scowl. "What am I doing?" She hissed. Peridot growled and spun on her heels, beginning to storm away. What had gotten into her? Showing pity around a prisoner...showing pity at all! Peridot exhaled in an irritated huff, shaking her head fervently.
Just when she was nearing the corner she head Lapis whisper. Peridot's frown faltered and she stopped to listen.
"...Thank you," Lapis whispered, her words shaky and broken.
Peridot grimaced and glanced at her over her shoulder. She nodded to Lapis and mouthed a silent "You're welcome" in return. Lapis Lazuli's lips upturned into a hopeful smile as Peridot resumed her purposeful stride and disappeared.
Maybe Peridot wasn't so bad after all...