Just For Tonight. [Sadie X Lars]

Request by _RaindropMelody_.
I had a lot of fun writing this one :P and woulda look at that--they didn't end up dating in the end! Woah!! :O
Plus I got to sneak in another headcanon for Lars (some point in the story Sadie finds a photo of little Lars with long ringlets, which is a very, very vague reference to my headcanon that lars is transgender. The chapter cover is sort of what said photo looks like.)
Yeah 030 anyways, enjoy!

---

"Brrr!" Sadie shivered and drew her coat closer, curling her toes in her shoes. She shook her head and huffed into her cupped palms, glancing at Lars. When she caught him reaching for the thermostat, she exclaimed and threw her second empty paper coffee cup at him. Lars yelped and jumped back, raising his hands defensively.
"Aw, come on, P2! It's, like, negative ten degrees in here!" He whined, rubbing his elbows and hunching his shoulders in, shuffling over to the counter and reaching down to grab a nice warm donut. He took a big bite and closed his eyes, smiling at the warmth.
Sadie sighed and took a sip from her scorching coffee. She looked outside from the windowed front of the Big Donut and grimaced. It was like a snowstorm out there. The seasons where always so drastic and extreme in Beach City. It went from blistering summer sun to hypothermia-inducing winter chill.
She turned her attention back to Lars. "You know the boss will have our butts if we touch the thermostat. Besides, our day is almost over. Just..." She paused and pulled out her phone from her coat pocket. "...Um, oh, just forty five minutes left." Sadie tucked her phone back in her pocket and slouched over the counter. "You can hang on until then. Don't be a baby."
Lars groaned and leaned on the counter beside her, folding his arms over the glass and resting his chin on the back of his hand. "Can't we just close up early today? No ones coming to buy stupid donuts in this weather."
"Do you want to keep your job or not?"
Lars just rolled his eyes and pouted. Sadie's phone rang and she quickly checked to see who it was. The screen read: "Mom <3" Sadie accepted the call and pressed speaker, setting her phone on the counter between herself and Lars and leaning on the counter again.
"Hey, mom." Sadie mumbled.
"Hey, sweetie. Still not off work yet?"
"No. We got about thirty minutes left in our shift. What's up?"
"Well, it's gotten pretty bad out there, obviously. I think you should stay with someone who lives closer to the Big Donut tonight. That way you don't have to walk as far to get home. You should ask Lars. He's a nice boy." Sadie's mother giggled. "I don't know why you haven't asked him out yet, dear--"
Sadie straightened, snatching her phone up hastily and taking it off speaker. She rushed into the back room before Lars could see how red her cheeks got, but she could still hear him chuckling from the break room in back. She plopped down into the folding chair at the plastic table and sighed. "Mom..." She groaned.
"Sorry, sweetie. I didn't mean to embarrass you."
"It's fine. The damage is done. Anyways, yeah. I'll ask Lars. I'll text you with my plans in a few minutes."
"Alright, dear. Bye. Be safe out there."
"Bye, mom." Sadie ended the call and groaned loudly, squeezing her eyes shut as she tried to calm the heat that had gathered in her cheeks. There was a knock on the doorway of the break room, and Sadie inhaled deeply before raining her head and glancing over her shoulder. Lars stood in the doorway, his hands stuffed awkwardly in his jacket pockets.
"You wanna stay over at my house?" He asked, lifting one shoulder in a carefree half shrug.
Sadie smiled and nodded, standing and pushing her chair in. She went over to the plug located in the corner of the break room where Lars and Sadie always charged their phones. She grabbed her charger and folded it up the put it in her pocket. She texted her mother quickly and turned to Lars.
"Hey, let's just close up now. Who cares anyways." Sadie suggested, walking past Lars and turning off the lights on the way. She started to shut everything down, turning off the donut warmers and shutting down some of the other smaller machines then switching off the lights and flipping the OPEN sign to the CLOSED side. With the flurry outside, the Big Donut was unnaturally dark and kind of foreboding.
Lars grabbed his things and clocked them both out before padding over to her side and tossing the keys towards her. They walked outside together, both shivering anew and huddling for warmth as Sadie locked up. She put the key ring in her pocket and nodded at Lars. "O-Okay, lead t-t-the way," she mumbled, her teeth chattering in the cold.