Curiosity Killed...No One. [Buck Dewey X Lars]

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry XD I even drew them just so I could have a nice chapter cover ;u;
I have no idea why I ship this. But I do.

---

It was hot outside, as it usually was in the middle of summer at Beach City. The scorching sun was shining through the windows of Fish Stew Pizza, the cities most acclaimed pizzeria, blinding Lars as he lounged in the seat of his booth. Of course Buck Dewey, who always wore sunglasses, ended up sitting on the side of the table that put his back to the sun. Of course.
Jenny and the rest of the gang had made plans to give Dead Man's Mouth another try today. Buck Dewey had already been at the pizzeria so he didn't mind waiting there, and the Big Donut wasn't too far off so Lars has agreed to wait there was well. But Jenny had to go pick Sour Cream up from some store outside the city limits, therefore it was going to take a while for her to get there. Lars and Buck Dewey were willing to wait, sure, but Lars was impatient, and he had promised Sadie she could come over later that night.
Lars grimaced and turned his bead, sinking in his seat. "Ugh," he groaned. Lars put his palms on the tabletop, stretching out his arms a bit. "We've been waiting for, like, thirty minutes."
Buck Dewey lifted his shoulders and then dropped them in a slight shrug. "Just go with the flow, man. They'll get here eventually." He fixed his glasses and licked his lips. The instant he realized he was parched, Nanafua appeared with a notepad in hand and a grin upon her lips like she had sensed an upcoming order.
"Hello, boys," she said with a charming smile. "Are you hungry?"
Lars glanced at Buck as he straightened in his booth. "Uh..."
Buck Dewey nodded and quickly answered for them both. "Yeah. Just give us a sec."
Nanafua chuckled and dipped her head. "Alright." She waved and padded to the counter.
Buck turned to Lars. "We might as well get a bite. We'll be here a while."
Lars shrugged. "Fine. You wanna share a pizza?"
"Sounds good. Is pepperoni fine?"
Lars nodded and laid back in his seat again. "Whatever,"
Buck Dewey waved Nanafua over and ordered both of their drinks and pizza in his smooth monotonous voice. As Nanafua wrote it all down, she started to giggle to herself. Lars simpered and looked himself over self consciously.
"W-What's so funny?" He mumbled. Nanafua shook her head and stifled her tittering behind her notepad.
"It's nothing, just that you two seem like a cute couple. The way he orders for you is sweet." She giggled again and started back towards the kitchen before they could respond.
Lars huffed, feeling his cheeks heat up. He turned his head and tried to play it cool, "Haha, that lady's crazy. You and me? A thing?"
Buck Dewey was frozen for a while until he shrugged. "I dunno. It might not be so bad."
Lars blinked, his lips parting with surprise. "What? Really?"
"Yeah. Why not,"
"It...It sounds like you've given this some thought before." Lars mumbled, squirming a bit in his seat. To be honest, he only said that because he himself had thought of it before.
Sure, he was still going for Sadie, but...what if they never worked out? After the jerk he's been, he hardly thought she would take him now. There was always Jenny. And...well, Lars was all up for trying new things. He was pretty okay with dating another boy. Like Sour Cream, or Renaldo, or Buck Dewey.
The other boy shrugged again, "Kind of. I just wonder what it would be like," he admitted, fixing his glasses and turning his head to hide the very faint blush creeping on his cheeks.
"Me too," Lars muttered, toeing the table leg nervously. He opened his mouth to speak once more when Nanafua came over with pizza and drinks in hand. She set it all down and gave them a wink before walking off.
Lars cleared his throat and dropped the conversation awkwardly. He took a sip of his drink--Diet Dr Pepper--and reached over to grab a slice of pizza without looking. His hand brushed against Buck's, like in some cheesy romance film, and he jumped a bit in his seat, hastily withdrawing his hand. He nodded at Buck, wordlessly signaling for him to get his slice first.
Buck Dewey smiled graciously and got his piece. He almost ate the whole thing in one bite. Lars couldn't help but chuckle at his skills as he took his slice and munched on it idly.
A good bit of time passed until they finally finished their whole pizza. Lars had started some lackadaisical banter halfway through but now it was growing silent again as what Nanafua had said ran through their minds. Lars cast a sly glance Buck Dewey's way, ducking his head shyly when he caught Buck watching him as well.
"Have you heard from Jenny yet?" Buck asked, trying to start a bit of small talk and distract himself at the same time.
Lars shook his head. "No...have you?"
"Nah." Buck Dewey shrugged and took a took a sip of his Sprite. "Hey, I was wondering..."
Lars worried his lower lip between his teeth anxiously. He had a feeling he knew what Buck was going to say. He took a deep breath and nodded before Buck could finished speaking. "Yeah. Let's go to the pier."
Buck Dewey raised an eyebrow. "Do you even know what I was going to say?"
"You were going to ask if we could, um...kiss, weren't you?" Lars mumbled, standing slowly on shaking legs. "Don't tell me you weren't thinking about it either."
Buck Dewey snorted and stood, dropping a few dollars on the table and taking one last drink. The only thing he said was a quiet "Let's go," as he strolled out of the pizzeria. Lars on his heels, they headed towards the edge of the boardwalk. Not a word passed between them until they reached a bench on the side of the boardwalk overlooking the ocean that crashed on the beams upholding the pier.
Lars was the first to sit down, looking up at Buck Dewey expectantly. He had settled into a sort of uneasy calm, his heart pounding with anticipation and his lip bruised from his anxious biting. He ran a hand through his wildly curly Mohawk and pat the bench beside him, inviting Buck Dewey to sit.
He did, placing himself firmly beside the other boy. He cast a wary look around them. Once confirming they were alone, Buck Dewey took off his sunglasses and gripped the underside of the bench. He turned toward Lars and licked his lips in a nervous habit. "Uh...are you ready?"
Lars nodded and scooted closer. "Yeah." He inhaled deeply and exhaled in a shallow puff. The curly haired teen leaned closer and closer until their lips were inches apart. Their breath mingled in the humid summer air, spelling faintly of pepperoni pizza. In that moment, Lars wished he had a mint or something. At least Buck didn't seem to mind too much.
Still worrying over his pizza breath, Lars was shocked when Buck Dewey closed the distance between them, initiating the kiss with a burst of confidence.
Lars's eyes widened in surprise, but he supposed if Buck was just as curious as he was, this couldn't be the first time he had at least imagined a similar scenario. It would explain his confidence, at least.
Their contact broke for a moment as the boys caught their breath in little pants. A moment passed and then Lars let out a muffled grunt, pulling Buck closer almost instinctively. The hot sun burned down on them as they kissed again. It was sweet and slow and new. Experimental bliss at its finest.
Buck Dewey was surprised to find that kissing another boy wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be. It was just as pleasurable as kissing a girl. But he could tell Lars was still so timid about it all, so he drew back and let him relax. He smiled softly and and picked up his glasses, pushing them back into place on the bridge of his nose.
Lars ducked his head, his cheeks flushed and his ears red. Buck's smiled faltered. Was he regretting it? Buck frowned and started to panic. Maybe he had made a wrong move too soon, maybe he had done something wro--
Lars pecked Buck upon the lips one last time, smiling shyly at him as he sat back. "That wasn't bad. We should do that again..." He mumbled as his phone began to vibrate in his back pocket.
Buck Dewey nodded and let out a shaky breath. He was surprised to find how relieved he was that Lars had enjoyed himself as well. "Yeah." He quickly changed the subject. "Is that Jenny?"
Lars dipped his head, pulling out his phone. He unlocked it with a swipe of his thumb and shielded the screen from the sun with his other hand so he could see. "They're on the way," he replied, as he sent a quick text and then tucked the phone back into his back pocket. He stood and scuffed his toes on the wood, offering Buck a hand. "I told them to meet us over here."
Buck took his hand and rose. "So, you wanna hang out again soon? Just us, I mean..." He suggested.
Lars grinned and shoved his hands in his pockets. He knew what he meant. "Yeah. I'd love to."