Best Friends With Benefits [Sour Cream X Buck Dewey]

Slight warning: alcohol consumption and one or two curse words.
Request by InsanityReimagined.
I colored the chapter cover using an older method so sorry if it looks a little odd >~<"
I didn't realize how much I shipped this, but now I know the full extent of the power they hold over me :D
What would their ship name be?
Sour Dewey? Buck Cream? 030

---

"So you guys are coming, right?" Jenny confirmed, waving at Buck Dewey and Sour Cream as she climbed into her family's car. The school year was ending and Jenny was throwing a party at midnight at the old building were the wrestling matches used to be. Everyone was invited, and there was going to be punch and pretzels and glow sticks and music.
Buck nodded and Sour Cream smiled, waving in return as jenny cranked the car and got ready to drive off and got get things set up at the abandoned dock. "Yeah, we'll totally be there. See you tonight!"
Jenny sped off and Sour Cream turned to Buck Dewey. "Alright I'm heading home. I'll see you tonight, dude." He clapped his shoulder and started walking home. Buck Dewey watched him go before turning the other direction and walking towards the Big Donut. He figured he might as well hang out with Steven until it got dark.
Once he arrived, he found Steven already there, grinning and talking to that blonde girl with a mouth full of donut. What was her name again? Sally? No it had a harder ending to it....
"Ah!" Buck exclaimed aloud, snapping his fingers as he walked in. The bell above the door dinged. "Sadie!"
Sadie raised her head, eyes wide and head cocked. "...Yes?" She rose from the little table she and Steven were sitting at and moved behind the counter, "Can I help you?"
Buck Dewey leaned against the counter and pursed his lips for a moment.
"Uh...maybe just two plain glazed donuts? And a medium Pepsi." Buck nodded and leaned back. "Please," he added. While Sadie prepared his order, Buck turned to Steven and waved, smiling faintly. "What's up, lil' man?"
Steven grinned and pat the tabletop across from him, where Sadie had been sitting. "Hey, Buck Dewey! Come sit!"
Buck nodded and padded over. He plopped into the chair and put his hands beside his head, rocking the chair back on one leg.
"Did school just get out for you guys?" Steven asked, taking another bite of donut. Some sprinkles fell off and tumbled onto the table but he just ignored them.
Buck nodded. "Yeah. Sadie, did you come today?"
Sadie walked over, handing him his donuts and his soda. Buck Dewey gave her the cash and took a bite of his donut, looking up at her as he waited for her reply.
Sadie shook her head, pulling up a chair to sit beside Steven. "No, I skipped so I could get to work. It's just the last day anyways. Not much happens on the last day of tenth grade."
"Have you heard about Jenny's party?"
Sadie scowled. "No..."
"Oh," Buck shifted awkwardly in his seat. "Well, um, everyone's invited so..."
"I think I'll pass."
Buck nodded, and awkward silence arose between the three. Steven quickly sparked conversation, however, and they ended up talking together until the sun set and Steven had to go home before Pearl started to worry. Buck waved goodbye to Sadie and took off, as well, heading towards the nearest store so he could buy some cups for the party. Jenny had assigned him to cup duty. Once he purchased the red plastic cups he headed for the dock so he could help out before people started arriving.
By the time he got there the fireflies had begun to come out, dancing around him as he stepped into the ruined building. Jenny and Sour Cream were setting up a foldable table with a bowl of pretzels and another bowl of punch. Buck Dewey shouted to alert them of his presence and waved the cups in the air. Jenny smiled and waved him over.
"Just in time! Just put 'em over here!" She called, spinning on her heel and going to finish pinning up some streamers and hang some glow sticks from anything she could. Buck Dewey went to the table, dipping his head in silent greeting as Sour Cream.
Buck ripped open the plastic encasing the cups and tossed it behind the table, then placed the cups in neat stacks next to the punch. Sour Cream took the extra glow sticks and scattered them on the table artfully so people could come and take them as they pleased. The silence between them was comfortable, unlike the silence at the Big Donut. With Sour Cream, Buck didn't find it a necessity to speak. That's how it was with good friends.
Once they were satisfied, the boys went to go help Jenny finish the final details. It didn't take too long, but they were finished at last with the clock reading 11:29 PM. The three went to chill by the table until people arrived.
Jenny and Sour Cream strike up conversation, and only rarely did Buck interject. Instead, he spaces out, slouching against the corner of the table with his arms crossed and his chin resting on his chest. His dark shades hid his half-lidded eyes and reflected the luminescence of the glow sticks and the strobe lights.
He got so deep into his thoughts that he didn't notice Jenny unhitch herself from the table and walk off. He faintly heard someone calling something, but it was only when someone touched his shoulder that Buck came back to Earth. He startled a little, turning his head quickly. Sour Cream was grinning at him, one eyebrow raised.
"Welcome back, man. People are gettin' here." Sour Cream tucked his hands in the pockets of his jacket and nodded over his shoulder. "Wanna go chill over there? We're sort of in the way."
Buck shrugged and followed Sour Cream to the corner by the speakers. Jenny was climbing up the ladder to the little balcony where Sour Cream usually DJed. She started up a playlist suddenly and the boys cringed and covered their ears, jumping away from the speakers.
Laughing, they moved under the balcony, watching people pour in. Sometimes in groups, pairs, trios, singles. Practically every one from their school was coming, and in less than an hour the place was packed.
Not a single word had passed between Sour Cream and Buck as they watched the incomers and listened to the blaring music. It was loud and electronic, with a quick beat and dropping bass and little voice samples. People were dancing hard, hands in the air, hips swinging, toes tapping, bodies grinding.
"Hey," Sour Cream began over the deafening music, turning to Buck and nudging him to get his attention, "You wanna get a drink? It's getting kinda hot in here, dontcha think?"
"Yeah," Buck nodded and lead the way through the tightly packed bodies to the table. Half of the glow sticks were gone and either looped around necks or wrists or held high in the air. Sour Cream beamed proudly. His glow sticks were always a hit. He poured himself a cup of bright red punch in a bright red cup and chugged it all in one go.
Buck laughed and refilled Sour Cream's cup, taking a sip from his own before grabbing a handful of pretzels.
"Mmm...hey, this punch is pretty good." Sour Cream nodded to himself and reached over, taking one of Buck's pretzels. Buck shot him a look, which he couldn't see through his shades of course, but said nothing on Sour Cream's thievery.
Sour Cream had just finished off his third cup of punch when a dark skinned girl stumbled over, laughing with a lighter skinned boy behind her. "Heeeey~" she giggled and scooted between Buck and Sour Cream, the boy laughing in front of them.
"Hey," Buck nodded in greeting, scooting away a bit. She smelled like alcohol, which was expectable in a high school party. Someone was bound to sneak some in.
"Are you two dating?" The girl asked, her words slurred.
Sour Cream choked on his punch and spit it out on his own shoes, doubling over as he sputtered. Buck grunted and jumped past the random girl, patting Sour Cream's back until he recovered. He straightened and muttered a strained "thank you," wiping punch from his chin.
The girl raised an eyebrow, "Is that a yes?"
Buck Dewey kept silent, glancing at Sour Cream. Buck knew they weren't dating. But...now that the question was raised...it made him skeptical for no reason. Sour Cream and Buck Dewey were just friends. Best dudes who maybe occasionally said things that, on an outsiders perspective, seemed a little homosexual. But it didn't mean anything to them, really!
...right?
Sour Cream was silent too. The girl held out her hands, waiting for someone to answer.
Suddenly, before Buck could say anything, Sour Cream grabbed his hand and laced their fingers together, grinning and pulling Buck closer.
"Yeah, yeah. We're totally dating." He chuckled. "We've been together for two months now."
"Oh. My. Gosh. That is soooo cute!" The girl giggled and opened her mouth like she was going to say something else but then stopped, blinked, and stumbled off laughing with the boy on her arm.
Buck turned to Sour Cream, his face flushed and his lips downturned. "What the hell, man?" He mumbled.
"Chill out, Buck. It's just a joke. That girl was wasted."
Buck wrinkled his nose and drew back a bit. "Woah, man...I-I think someone spiked the punch," he grumbled. "Your breath smells like alcohol. How much have you had to drink?"
"Uh..." Sour Cream looked down at the collection of crushed cups he had left in the table. "Three?" He glanced at the half empty cup he had in his hand. "And a half..."
"Aw, shit...okay, no more punch." Buck reached for the cup, releasing Sour Cream's hand. He was glad he hadn't had as much as Sour Cream, although he had had a good bit. That would explain why his head felt a little fuzzy.
Sour Cream pouted. "Aw, come one, Buck," he whined, clutching the drink to his chest. "Let me at least finish this cup. I'll be fine,"
"Sour Cream, no. We didn't come here to get drunk." Buck reasoned, although honestly he wouldn't be too upset if they did get a little tipsy. School was over for the year and the party was great and maybe a little alcohol would smother the headache that had come on because of all the pounding bass and flashing lights.
"I won't get drunk. Relax, dude." Sour Cream waved a hand and downed the remainder of his punch. He refilled his cup for the fifth time. Buck watched him silently. It was so tempting to have a little. Maybe he would enjoy himself more...
Buck held out his hand and Sour Cream understood instantly. He handed his cup over with a goofy grin, watching Buck sip from it. They were both teenagers, obviously they had beer before, but this was at a party, not a camping get together in the middle of summer. At least Buck was sensible enough to know when to stop.
They had a little more to drink before everything really started to come to a blur. The music lulled Buck into a fast-paced craze and he ended up even dancing a bit in the corner with Sour Cream. Buck didn't like dancing, but he felt confident around his friend, so he loosened up a bit and had some fun. For a while, even Jenny joined them, dancing in the corner with the two until some song came on and it looked like everyone was gathering in the middle to do a massive dance.
Sour Cream suddenly grabbed Buck's hand and pulled him out of the building. Sweat dripped from his jaw and his jacket, now tied to his waist, was coming untied. But he did isn't care. And neither did Buck, who was just as sweaty and just as disheveled. It was so hot in there, in the summer heat with people packed close together in a confined space.
The fresh air outside cleared their heads slightly, but Sour Cream, who had gotten the worst of it, was still grinning stupidly. He was dragging Buck to the side of the abandoned building, tripping over loose wood and rocks and cans. Finally he stopped, but he still had not released his hold on Buck. Without a word, he pressed Buck against the wall, putting his hands on the stone on either side of Buck's head.
Buck opened his mouth to speak, but Sour Cream beat him to the chase.
"Hey, Buck?" Sour Cream whispered, his voice surprisingly soft.
"What?" Buck raised his head slightly, feeling heat rise to his cheeks.
"Are you really so against us?"
Buck frowned with confusion. "What do you mean?"
Sour Cream sighed and ducked his head. "I mean us, like, being a thing. Dating. And...stuff."
Buck blinked, his eyes going wide under those shades of his. "You serious?"
"Yeah..."
"Well. I'm not gonna lie...I have thought about it. But you're my best friend. Wouldn't that be awkward?"
"Nah," Sour Cream shook his head, "I don't think so."
Buck went silent, turning his head and rubbing the back of his neck nervously. Sour Cream frowned, lowering his head and trying to get to a Buck through those impenetrable shades. At last, Sour Cream spoke.
"Can I...try something?" He murmured.
Buck was neither stupid, nor drunk enough not to know what Sour Cream wanted.
He nodded.
Sour Cream licked his dry lips and ducked his head, moving one hand to press his palm gently on Buck's cheek. He tilted his head up and with his other hand he removed his glasses. Before either of them could chicken out, Sour Cream kissed Buck gently.
His lips were soft and plump. Kind of like a girl's, in a way. If this wasn't a serious moment, Sour Cream probably would have laughed at that thought. He tasted like sweat and punch and waxy lip balm.
And just when he started to pull away, Buck returned the kiss.
He backed himself against the wall and leaned up on his toes, reaching up to put his arms around Sour Cream's neck. His fingers twined in the hair at the nape of his neck, damp with drying perspiration. Sour Cream let out a noise of surprise, but closed his eyes and rolled with it.
The kiss was slow and sweet and cutely awkward, and no one minded that. Sour Cream had Buck pinned to the wall barely, and Sour Cream's knee bumped against Buck's and Buck's shades on the ground beside them. Sour Cream had his hand on Buck Dewey's waist, his shirt hitched slightly. Buck hand one hand against Sour Cream's chest and the other braced on the wall behind them. They had cooled considerably, but now a different kind of heat warmed them. Their faces were flushed and their body heat mingled in the humid summer air.
But it was over too soon.
Someone was calling Sour Cream's name, crunching through gravel in search of him. He withdrew from Buck reluctantly, but still pressed little kisses to his jaw while he waited for whoever it was to get closer.
"Hey, Sour Cream!" Jenny called again, coming around the corner with her hands on her hips. Sour Cream leaned back, letting Buck go completely now, and nodded at her.
"Oh, there you are!" Jenny jogged over, grinning. "Everyone wants you to come DJ!" She took his hand and started to drag him back towards the front of the building.
"Cool," Sour Cream glanced at Buck over his shoulder, who was picking up his shades and straightening his clothes. "Hey," he turned back to Jenny. "Give me a sec and I'll be right there, okay?"
"Alright," she shrugged, "but hurry up!"
Sour Cream padded back to Buck. They stood there wordlessly for a moment until Buck leaned up to kiss him lightly upon the lips.
"You're right, that wasn't too awkward," he said with the faintest of smiles.
"Told you." Sour Cream grinned, "We should do that again sometime."
"Sure. Let's talk after the party. You can come crash at my place." Buck offered in his typical monotone.
Sour Cream nodded. They kissed once more before Buck headed back inside. Sour Cream inhaled deeply to clear his head and calm his rapid breathing. He pressed his fingertips to his lower lip, savoring Buck's lingering taste.
"Man..." He whispered, "I could totally rave to this."