Chapter 32

October 30th, 2017

"So they were there? Just like you said?" Ally whispers as she drives me down to school. Her hands were clenched on the steering wheel, glare so hot it could melt iron.

"Yep. They were sitting two rows behind us during the movie."

"Did you get a good look at them?" Cora asks from the back, arms resting in between Ally and I as I shake my head.

"No. They left before the movie finished. They got a picture though."

Ally slams her hand on the steering wheel, making Cora flinch. "Damn it! I can't believe someone on my team would do something like that!"

"Do you have any idea who it could have been?"

Ally takes a deep breath, eyebrows furrowing in rage. "Yep. I have a clue."

October 28th, 2017

"Do you have any idea why he would want to distance himself from me?" Leah questioned as she and Ally sat against the bleachers during break.

Ally, throughly annoyed, gave a sigh. "Nope. Can't image why."

"He's never been like this before. He's always understood how busy I've been."

"Well, maybe he's tired of it? I know I would be looking for new friends if my old ones got too busy for me." At Leah's silence, Ally glanced over at her as she took a sip from her water bottle. "Are you really that concerned about it? You don't even like like him, Leah."

Leah sighed, sitting up and letting her hair down. "No... I guess not. I'm really glad he's happier. I just get possessive sometimes, I guess. We've been friends for as long as I can remember. It was kind of shocking when we suddenly drifted. I didn't expect him to get new friends so soon."

"But he's been friends with me too?"

Leah gave the other cheerleader a look. "You guys barely hung out before Charlie came along."

"Speaking of Charlie, what's your deal with him?"

Leah blinked, looking confused. "What do you mean?"

Ally blinked back. "What do you mean what do I mean? You treated him like shit."

Leah blanched. "I did?"

Ally smacked her forehead, shaking her head. "You treated him as if he wasn't even there when you three hung out."

Leah relaxed, turning her head away as she rested it on her hand. "Oh, yeah. I was just scoping him out from afar. I guess I didn't have to act like that, but I thought he was really weird."

"Why?"

"I don't know. I just a got weird feeling around him. Still do. So I was making sure things were okay, if you know what I mean. I didn't want Angel getting himself into something he shouldn't be."

Ally turned her eyes away so Leah couldn't see the anger on her face. "You meddle too much, then. Charlie's an amazing person, and you really creeped him out."

Leah let out a sigh. "You're right." She turned to Ally. "Should I apologize? How about tomorrow?"

"Nah. Charlie and Angel are going out tomorrow."

Immediately, Ally wished she could take that all back as Leah tilted her head. "On a Sunday? Where?"

"Idontknow," Ally replied rapidly, feeling a sweat come on as Leah hummed.

"Well, okay. I'll wait until Monday then. They're really connected huh?"

Ally blushed, stuttering. "I mean... They're good friends."