Chapter 6

After lunch, i had asked Angel if he would like a ride back to his house with me, and he had happily agreed, much to my mother's excitement.

"So Angel, how was school today?" My mother asks him and i twitch, sending my mother a small glare.

Okay, so you could say when it comes to my parents, i get extremely jealous very easily when their attention isn't on me. It's kind of hard not to be sense i've been an only child for my whole life... away from society and other people.

It was my parents and i against the world.

Angel looks a little miffed by the question and i read that he has never been asked that before, and i finally get where my mother is going with this.

Gosh. My mother is the best.

Angel's smile could heat up an entire country and he leans over from the back seat to look at my mom. "It was great! I didn't have a very good morning, but i have math second period and that's my favorite class, so i'm always in a better mood after that."

"Are you in geometry or algebra 2?" My mother asks and i watch, amused with the way Angel is happily reacting to these questions.

"Algebra 2. And usually people can't decide whether one class is easier than the other, but i love both. And choir is going to be fun too."

My mother glances at Angel with a light smile. "And why's that?"

"Well, we do these duets at the beginning of class, and Charlie's my partner."

My mother is very interested now and she gives me a look. I don't meet her gaze as i stare out in front.

"Really?! That's great! Charlie has a lovely voice, so you chose wisely."

"Mom..." I whine, making her shrug.

"Whattt? I'm allowed to gossip and praise you!"

I roll my eyes with a small smile. Angel leans back in his seat, staring out the window. "And Adler's having a new school year party, we got to talk about it during lunch."

I turn around from the front seat to give Angel a look. "You barely were a part of that conversation," I tease, making Angel raise an eyebrow.

"Oh i'm always listening. Ally always makes things entertaining."

"Really? Ally seems very tense with Adler."

"Nah, they're basically best friends. They've known each other for a long time, so they have that sibling connection."

I raise an eyebrow at that, slowly turning back around and grinning.

Sibling connection? Yeah...

"Alright we're here..." My mother mumbles excitedly, parking in front of Angel's pretty giant house.

I wasn't expecting anything else but a large looking house with the parents he has.

When my parents and i first drove into the neighborhood, this house was the first thing i looked at. I honestly thought this house was ours.

But i was glad we got the house across the street instead. My house is just the right size. But when i saw this house, i knew someone rich lived there. Or comfortable. It's the biggest house on the block.

My mother turns towards Angel. "How long will Charlie be staying?"

"My parents don't come home until midnight."

My mother nods once, turning back to look at me and i blink innocently. "I want you back at an appropriate time. No later than midnight, alright...? To be completely honest, i don't want you anywhere near Mr and Mrs. Fletcher. No offense, Angel."