Chapter 19

Angel and I walk over to my mothers car, and I open the door to her frown as I set the big bear in the front seat, buckling him in and she turns her attention to Angel who gets into the back with a sheepish expression.

"I thought I told you to watch him," she says in a whine and Angel sighs.

"I tried! I barely got him to stop wasting tokens on stuffed animals."

She shakes her head, turning to the front with her arms crossed. "What did I tell you? And i'm guessing he also won that bear?" She questions as I move to the back and shut the door behind me.

Angel chuckles guiltily, scratching the back of him neck. "Uh no... I bought him that."

She's quiet for a second. "I'll let that slide," she says strongly before starting the engine and Angel lets out a relieved breath.

"You and your siblings are coming over for dinner right?" My mother asks and Angel nods with a small smile.

"Yeah, Mia's really excited."

"Well I hoped she'd be, I need some serious help with my garden." She subtly glares in my direction and I hide a smile behind my hand while Angel beams.

"Oh yeah, she'll love that."

"And it works sense Daniel's cooking."

"Dad's cooking?" I question, smirking and my mother rolls her eyes.

"Yes, he's making something he knows how to make so it'll be good don't worry."

Once we get to our neighborhood, my mother let's Angel off at his house to go and get ready with his siblings before driving to ours.

"Go and freshen up, bring all your stuff up to your room with you!" My mother says she unlocks the front door and walks inside.

I roll my eyes, opening the front door to get my gigantic bear.

"I thought that car was yours."

I tense.

I slowly look up, meeting the cold eyes of fricken Leah.

Where the hell did she come from?

I glance around the street uneasily, eyebrows furrowing. "Uh... Where did you come from?" I question and she smiles at me, shrugging.

"I was actually coming to say hi to Angel, but when I knocked on his door, his brother answered saying he was out. What were guys doing?"

"So... you waited here like a creep until he came back?" I ask, completely avoiding the other question and she giggles, shaking her head.

"No, I was around the neighborhood park, just relaxing is all and I was on my way home when I saw him get out of your car."

I hesitate, glancing around again for a sense of uneasiness comes over me. "We were hanging out with some friends. Went to Celebration Station."

"Oh. Sounds like fun. It makes sense, sense I didn't have a ride home this afternoon."

Okay. I kind of feel bad about that.

I frown, tugging the bear out the car and it catches Leah's eyes.

"Yeah, i'm actually sorry about that. We made some new friends over by the flower shop and they're pretty insistent on... time."

I lied, but I don't feel as dirty as I usually do and Leah tilts her head.

"That's a cool bear. Did you win it?" She asks and I glance at it before turning to the others in the back seat.