Chapter 7

Before i can knock on the door, my father is already there opening it for me. I can smell dinner being cooked behind him and i smile up at him.

"Hey pops-oof!" I yell, flinching when my dad's arms wrap around me. "Dad, what-?"

"I've never been gone this long without you, my love!" He answers as i roll my eyes and rub his back.

"Yeah. Right."

He laughs, stepping away and i hop into the house, setting my bag down as i run over to the living room, hopping right on the couch. "I'm so tired..." I mumble into the pillow and i can feel the couch sink behind me and my father sighs.

"You gonna tell me how today went? Start with Angel's house. Was it cool?"

I sit up then, turning around with a smile. "It was great! I got to meet Amelia and Michael!"

"What were they like?"

"Amelia is just the cutest toddler i've ever seen. I mean.. more cute then cousin Maddie."

My mother gasps loudly in the kitchen at my words, and i smile over at her as she stirs what looks like spaghetti. "No toddler is cuter then Maddie!"

I shake my head, crossing my arms and laying down on my back. "And Michael is an seventeen year old with the talent of staring at a television without blinking for several hours."

My dad grimaces and i laugh, kicking him in the thigh and he grunts. "Oh, ouch! How was the rollercoaster?"

"It was fun. I didn't get to ride it, but i pushed Amelia around." I sat up, my smile growing. "I used my powers to make her go the tiniest bit faster, and the look on her face was priceless. Angel couldn't stop laughing." My father doesn't share the same look as i do though and i sigh. "They don't suspect anything. I told them that i just pushed her harder. It's fine."

My dad raises an eyebrow. "Any other time today that you used your powers?"

I blink at him, not responding and even my mother's humming goes silent as the room grows tense.

My father glares. "Charlie, answer the question."

"... There was one other time."

"And what other time was that? Was it big?"

I hesitate, bringing my legs in and crossing them. I twiddle my thumbs, not looking at my fathers face of shock and anger. "Charlie Davis."

"I had too, dad!"

"At what point in time do you put yourself in danger to use your powers in such an extent-?!"

"I had to save my friend!" I yell angrily, not understanding why the hell he's acting like this.

I was very cautious, i made sure that all cameras were dysfunctional, and that nobody else was in the hallway.

"Save your friend how?"

"She was getting bullied by some football players, and a captain of the cheerleading squad."

"Dear god..." My father mumbles, disappointed as he leans over, covering his face with his hands and my mother leans against the cabinets, watching with a small frown on her face.

She was confused, not sure which side to take on the matter, so she wisely stays silent.  

"What do you mean 'dear god?!' I did something good with my powers, papa! I put them into use, i saved somebody-!"

"Football players, and the captain of the cheerleading squad. Are you kidding?! From all the books you read, you should be able to figure out that they spread rumors like crazy."