Chapter 12

Soon enough we were back in Angel's room, Amelia joining us when we mentioned drawing, Angel bringing Amelia some crayons which she squealed in happiness for.

"So do you draw often?" Angel asks me, surprised that I was already starting once he gave me the paper.

We both are laying on the huge bed, my tongue out in concentration and settling on my stomach, Angel in the same position in front of me while Amelia takes the floor.

"Not often, no. Only when I need too."

Angel looks up when I say that, and I purse my lips, cursing myself for being so open.

"When you need too? What does that mean?"

I hesitate, the room silent only for Amelia's humming on the floor. "T-To... relieve stress," I try, feeling dirty about the lie and Angel stares at me for a second, not believing me before his eyes turn to my paper.

"What are you drawing?" He asks, a hint of disappointment in his voice and I wince.

The more days that pass with Angel and I hanging around each other more and more, Angel begins to get more and more frustrated with me. He knows i've been keeping things from him, but it's not like I could tell him. He'd freak out, maybe pass out. And I can't have him telling other people as well.

"Hey, i'm actually the ghost, but i'm not really a ghost, I just have mythical powers and can move things with my mind like straight out of a fantasy movie."

Yeah. That will end well.

"I don't know yet..." I mumble back as I go back to quickly drawing what looks to be a girl.

I usually draw or paint when an object, person or event is important to me, or someone else's life, that can't simply be shown in a dream. It's the relaxed part of my brain, but also the urgent part for my drawings usually mean bad things, like omens, or even good things like finding a future good luck charm.

But i've noticed that this is a person, and a bad omen. For the girl I drew is looking up at me with an evil smirk.

"Oh, that's actually pretty good," Angel says to me with a smile and I slowly look up at him, glancing back down to the picture I drew and watching as the eyes move to look at Angel in front of me and I pale.

Uh oh.

I swallow, and Angel's smile fades into one of concern. "What's wrong?" He asks me and I hesitate.

These drawings usually try to tell me through small actions or gestures, and I have to figure out on my own who my picture is talking about.

If it's an event, it's pretty straight forward, and if it's a thing, it's pretty straight forward as well for it shows the object.

But i've always told myself to warn the person that my images tell me to warn.

But this is just too ironic.

"Do you promise not to tell anyone?" I whisper, eyes pleading and Angel's widen in realization.

He scoots towards me, my cheeks heating as I notice how close he gets. "I promise, doll face. You can trust me, I swear on my heart."

I stare at him, not only embarrassed by the close proximity, but worried for Angel's well being.

Whoever the person is in the picture, they're scheming, mischievous, and Angel's in the line of fire on this person's plan.

"You have to watch yourself. Somebody is going to do something bad to you," I whisper, glancing at Amelia who doesn't mind us and the tense atmosphere, but Angel's look is confused.