Chapter 10

September 1st, 2017

"How long do i put this in the microwave?" I ask my mother as i hold a measuring cup in my hands filled with a peach flavored drink.

"40 seconds," she responds as she gets out the gelatin sheet. I nod at her before setting the cup in the microwave and letting it heat up.

My father is out in the backyard, basking out on the porch on his rocking chair, trying to calm his nerves.

This is special day. A day i never thought i would be experiencing.

The day i would get to meet my mother's side of the family.

My mother doesn't talk about her family often, from what i've heard, they never really got along and with my mother being the youngest of two other siblings. She was cast aside.

She told me that she still kept in contact with them, speaking to them as little as possible. From what she's told me, her father is very traditional. Strict, stern and it's either his way or the high way. Her mother is even worse. Growing up, she forced my mother into wearing dresses every day simply because it was "what a lady should wear."

This didn't set well with my mother, who grew up around most of her friends, which were boys in school. She was obsessed with sports and getting her hands dirty.

Her sister, the middle sibling, is named Raia. They don't like each other very much for my mother was very popular and Raia would be always trying to take that away. She also knew about me being albino, and loves to show her awful opinion about it, stating "i wont tell the family just to save you the trouble."

The older brother is were things get nicer. Corbin is the only one in the family that showed love towards my mother. He would always wait for her when she wouldn't get home until late at night, made sure she was never hurt by their father, always taking the blame for anything she did. Uncle Corbin is the only person on my mothers side that she would let me talk to.

And i talked to him frequently. He was the only one, apart from Raia, that knew about my father and i and our abilities. Raia thankfully doesn't know about them, or she would go on a tangent, probably even call the police on us. The rest of my mothers family couldn't care less about her first born son or her husband. So she just didn't tell them.

It would be quite a shock to them when they came to spend the weekend.

My mother doesn't want to see them. She's only letting them all stay because her father has an important meeting with the people he works with. Their mother forced their children to come along with them. "To encourage him and to be there for him." My aunt told them.

I'm not excited. I'm only excited to finally meet my uncle. He never came by the cabin house because of his line of work and always being busy.

But now that i'm in high school, i'm hoping to finally talk to him about a few personal things that i didn't bother to tell my parents.

And speaking of my parents, my father is having difficulties coming to terms on my mother's family coming over. He has never met them, but is extremely nervous too after all this time. Sense my mother told him about her father being traditional, he's quite scared about what he would say about him and me being albino.

It's a constant trouble it seems.

Right now, we're making dinner. I told Angel i probably wouldn't be practicing with him today because of my family, which he was totally fine with sense it's a Friday.

I told him i would come over tomorrow, and he agreed.

At the moment, my mother and i are making dessert. Her mother loves anything that involves peaches, so we decided to make a peach mousse cake. We also had home made chicken and a good rest of a heavy meal ready for them as well.