Chapter 24

September 27th, 2017

Ethel and her husband have been keeping a close eye on Charlie who hasn't moved for hours. Once word got around through Charlie's family over his sudden settling, a good chunk of family from his father's side have come for support and help.

The house isn't as lively now that Charlie is down and settling. Every morning, his father isn't greeted with a smile and his mother isn't greeted with a happy "good morning."

There is still ongoing investigations happening at their school, so students have been told to stay at home for the time being. It's not like any of the students particularly minded.

Charlie's family all sit in the living room, watching a movie to bond and try to lift their spirits as Ethel stays upstairs with Charlie. Charlie's grandmother refuses anyone from seeing him at the moment, saying that Charlie can still feel their presence in his room, and it will interfere with his settling process.

Only one person at a time is allowed to see him, and Ethel knows how to deal with settling more than anyone.

The family continues to watch the movie in silence, before the doorbell rings and they all glance at one another, knowing exactly who it is.

"I'll handle it..." Daniel mutters, the father getting up and trudging to the door. He takes a breath before opening it.

Angel stands there with Amelia in his arms, smiling when he sees Charlie's father open the door, Amelia giving a big grin.

"Hi, Mr. Davis."

The adult stares for a moment before smiling lightly. "Hey, Angel. How are things over on your end of the street?"

The young boy hesitates before shrugging. "Normal. Boring... Uh, how's Charlie? I've— well, all of us, have been trying to get in contact with him, but he hasn't responded? Is he still sick?"

"Fairy sick?" Amelia asks, tilting her head and Daniel hesitates, trying to figure out what to say that won't make the boy in front of him want to come inside.

"U-Uh, well, yes he's still sick and will be for a while—"

"Is it really serious? Does he need anything—"

"No, no, he's fine with his family taking care of him but it's uh... r-really contagious! Yes, it's bad, especially for kids as young as Amelia."

Angel falters for a little, frowning thoughtfully. "Then... we can't see him?"

"I don't think it'll be the best idea—"

"Daniel, what nonsense are you talking about?" Ethel states, staring at Angel with a light smile on her face. "Of course they can see him."

Daniel stutters, eyes wide and confused as he gives a secret look of "what the hell are you talking about?"

"Come up, Angel."

Daniel tenses, knowing better than to talk back to his mother but still doesn't know how this is a good idea.

"O-Oh, I mean, if i'm intruding or if his sickness is really that bad then i'll just go back home—"

"Nonsense. He wants to see the both of you too."

"Fairy! Come on, Angel!" Amelia yells, pushing his shoulders and shaking him, Angel's resolve melting and he sighs with a nod.

"Well, if you think it's okay..."

Daniel steps back to let the student in, Angel meeting eyes with the entire family that stares back at him creepily.