Chapter 26

Hey guys, so I don't normally put authors notes because I think they get in the way, and people don't read them but Charlie will have slow updates because it's not my priority. I'm so glad you guys love it so much, it makes me really happy, but for those who don't go to check out my profile, All is Fair in War and Dragon Scales a... pretty big... well... huge novel, like 10,000 words a CHAPTER huge that i'm writing right now that i have plans on publishing. I'm putting all my energy into it at the moment.

It's my mistake to write two books at the same time, i'm a little overwhelmed, but i never thought Charlie would even reach the 700 view mark, haha. I'm not putting Charlie on hold, ever, i'll continue writing it until it's finished, but the updates will be slow. Sorry if that upsets anyone, but i will never work on two projects again in the future, haha!

Okay, that's it, hope you enjoy the chapter.
***
Angel and I sat there on the back porch with Henry for a little while longer until the rest of our friends showed up.

Ally and Adler were next to show up, both of them practically running outside to tackle me to the floor in a crushing hug. "I'll never forgive you for making me worry so much! Never!" Ally shouts, Adler deciding not to say anything as I chuckle underneath them.

"I'm sorry, I won't ever do it again."

"You better not!"

They both get off me, sitting around me as Henry bounces over to crawl into my lap, Angel following and sitting next to the football player.

"So what happened? You have to tell me everything!" Ally tries, frowning when I shrug.

"No clue. Probably just a... virus or something. I just had to let it run its course."

Adler nods, understanding. "Virus's suck."

I grin. "Yeah. A lot."

"When did you get a bunny?! He's so cute?!" Ally states happily, changing the subject which i'm highly thankful for.

"I didnt buy him. He just kind of showed up, so I named him."

At this, the two take a look around and Adler frowns curiously. "It hasn't been that long since I came over, right? Where did all the flowers come from?"

"It looks so pretty... Like a utopia," Ally agrees, and my grin widens at what could have been, I guess, a compliment.

"My mother worked pretty hard."

"I'm here!" I hear Ainsley yell on the back porch, hair tied back in a french braid with his arms out in victory.

"The party has arrived, hot and happy my friend is alive!" He shouts, jumping onto the ground and walking behind me so he can wrap his arms around my neck. "Gosh you had me worried sick! I thought I did something to upset you, snowflake!"

I smile, looking up at him. "Of course not."

Ainsley sighs. "You're right. Stupid of me to be so insecure, i'm perfect."

Ally coughs, a shocked look on her face. "I... I felt that."

Ainsley laughs, quickly sitting down in an open spot to chat and get comfortable with the others, quickly becoming well liked.

A couple minutes pass of us just enjoying each other's presence before Cora finally makes an appearance.

"Where have you been! You're late!" Ally yells, letting the curly haired girl sit right in her lap teasingly, Cora giving me a small smile which I appreciated instead of a "I was so worried."