Chapter 28: Family

Chapter 28: Family

Eyes stared down at me. Shizu shook her head slightly not wanting me to announced that Yamada is my fiancé.

Why am I keeping him a secret? Honestly, would the kids care? I am no where ashamed of being with Yamada any longer. He's so handsome, well-put, and gentle hearted. I see no reason to hide such perfection.

"Seiji here is my fiancé." I announced to the room. "I'm sure all of you know, excluding some." I eyed down the kids, and husbands.

"Kyou I th-" Shizu says as my mother gave her a glare.

"Seiji puts me through hell, and back, but at the end of the day, we managed to find each other. No, I don't like men, but something about Yamada draws me in. How we met was pretty awful. He is my uptight boss I hated. I wanted him to accept my designs so I took-" I felt Yamada grab my arm.

"Kyou, and I had a mutual interest in designs. I happened to draw something quite similar. We chatted a lot, and he was there for me when my ex fiancé cheated on me. He defended me. Even when I was in deep depression, Kyou found his own unique way to make me smile. He got me tickets to Paris. At that moment, I knew deep down this man loves me regardless of our orientation. He is precious to me, and I apologized for keeping it a secret." He says with a smile.

I didn't know if Yamada was faking the whole speech, but I couldn't help, but smile.

"Aw is that true?!" My mother said with glee. "How did my Kyou propose?"

"He went up to me when I was reading a novel one night, and asked me on his knee. Romantic cliche I must say." He smirks at me.

He remembers? He remembered all the things I did! I was ecstatic, but I didn't want to squeal in happiness. This could be a front in front of my family.

"Aw my Kyou is so romantic." My mother smiles at me as I returned one.

"Right." Yamada smirked. He's so sexy oh my god.

"Do you love my son?" My father asked.

"Hm yes." He replies calmly.

"Good." My mother said as she passed some sushi to Yamada. "Eat some. You need to build more muscle." She chuckles.

"Thank you."

The dinner was quite enjoyable. Many exchanges of stories were present, and I had a fun time listening to my sister's love stories.

That night, Yamada stayed over at my house. Wait, of course he did. Haha I must be losing my mind from all this happiness.

"Kyou." Yamada said in a mere whisper as he sits by my bedside.

"What is it angel?" I happily replied.

"Do you hear the bells?" His eyes jumped everywhere.

"What?" I remembered Yamada saying that to me once a long time ago. The death bells. "Yamada, snap out of it." I go over to shake him. He shook his head, and looks up at me.

"I hear it. It's quite loud."

"Yamada tell me about the therapy." I had a sudden remembrance of Dr. Fuji. Yamada never fully explained his reasons for having a therapist.

"My parents told my god parents about my affair with you. The therapist trained me to think homosexuality is wrong. That life is about money. That money can buy happiness. For a short time I believed it. However having to spend time with your family...it has made me quite envious of you. You have such loving support whereas I have none. I think happiness lurks in ones soul, not by ones money on hand. I have been seeking the wrong path. I'm highly embarrassed." He places his hand over his eyes as his back slouched.