Chapter 5: Realistic

I knocked on Yamada's door, and Shouta opened it with disgust.

"Didn't I tell you to fuck off."

I took the small pepper spray in my back pocket out, and sprayed his eyes. He grunts in pain, and tries to shut the door. I put my foot halfway in the door to prevent the door from shutting. I quickly took out a needle, unscrew the tip, and jabbed it into Shouta's arm.

"What the fuck?!" He backs himself to the wall as he covers his eyes in pain.

I pushed my way into the house, and shut the front door. I made sure to lock it. I saw Shouta already tumbling over onto the floor.

"I really hate doing this. I can't control what I do." I said nervously.

"You can have the job back, but leave me alone." He calms down, and sits up slightly.

"Sure...." I watched him struggle with the numbness in his body.

"Yeah now leave okay? I'll see you at work." He growls.

"Fine." I stood up, and left. I didn't have any urge to pursue further since he offered the job. Maybe I have grown up just a little bit.

I drove home shortly, and found Saito sitting outside with some takeout boxes. He waves.

"Hey. I know you told me not to visit, but I baked a cake with my sister, and I wanted you to have some."

"Aw thank you! I have the job again!"

"Again?" He looked lost in my words.

"Oh nothing. Never mind I was kidding haha!"

"Haha you are strange." He covers his mouth, and chuckled a little.

"Want to come in, and eat the cake with me?" I asked. I actually felt as if I was in a cheerful mood. It's been so long.

"Sure." He smiles, and walks in after me. We set the cake on the table, and then we sat down

"So Kyou, is everything okay with that boss?" He asked.

"Yeah all is well." I smiled. "I still hate him, but what can I do right?"

"Shit in his desk." He laughs.

"Yeah?" I chuckled. "I am not that immature.

We chatted through the night until he had to leave. Talking to him made me happier, and I started to forget Junko. That bastard.

The next morning I went in to the company. My coworkers greeted me, and today felt like a new start.

"Kyou, don't meet up with the boss. He's furious." Matsuda said. He was a random worker that was the clown of the office, but today he seemed relatively serious which made me wonder what the hell was going on in the office.

"I will check anyways. I need to discuss business with him."

Matsuda gave me that look that showed how much of a nut job I was. I chuckled. Somehow I felt quite optimistic to let anything get me down.

I made my way into his office which was shut. I could see he was on the telephone with the angriest expression on his face. I knocked on the door, and he looked up at me. He used his hand motion to tell me to come in. I slowly opened the glass door, then closed it, and sat in the seat across from his desk.

"Are you fucking serious mother?!" He screams into the phone. He's even a douche with his mom. Wow.

I sat there awkwardly not knowing what to say.