CHAPTER FIFTY ONE

a/n
new faceclaim before we start this chapter hehe

a/nnew faceclaim before we start this chapter hehe

jorge lopez
as
ezra

;)

CHAPTER FIFTY ONE
[51]

song: blade runner 2049 by synthwave goose

SHE TOLD HERSELF SHE WASN'T LONELY ANYMORE. You'd think that after fifteen years spent in complete and total isolation, it would become the new normal. But human brains weren't wired to adapt to these kinds of situations, the only outcome was madness.

Passing the time by drug induced comas wasn't as thrilling as it was the first few times. Neither was seeing how many different and exciting ways one could kill themselves. When you're eternal, things become boring a lot faster.

Kai and Daisy hadn't seen each other for a couple years. Of course they tried to meet up every once in a while, but plans never went through. Neither of them had the energy to see each other anymore, neither of them had the energy to even call.

Days spent passed out in the streets, nights spent chasing cheap thrills— anything to bring something new to their lives.

Immortality was insufferable.

She walked along the streets, not sure what day it was— she'd inevitably lost track years ago. Covered in what was a mixture of alcohol and her own blood.

The buildings around her were new, unfamiliar. She'd wrecked her car into a tree a few miles ago and had walked herself out of the desert, to the nearest town which she now seemed to be approaching.

She took the last swig of whatever it was she was drinking— she was so numb to the taste by now it just tasted like water— before chucking it onto the ground and letting the glass shatter before entering the small town.

Quaint, old buildings lined the streets. Just a few. Big enough to support a population, but small enough that Daisy could see the entire town from where she stood. A gas station, a grocery store, a bank, a church, a school, a motel and a couple bars and restaurants— you'd have to drive out of town to find anything different.

The sun was just rising, thankfully, considering the minimal dim streetlights weren't doing much to light the way.

She approached the nearest car, which sat at the gas station at the edge of town. The gas pump sat inside the car, and she pulled it out— stepping back quickly as gasoline started to pour itself out of the pump she hadn't even realized was working.