CHAPTER SEVENTY ONE

CHAPTER SEVENTY ONE
[71]
song: identity by taemin

AS THE NIGHT BEGAN TO FALL INTO IT'S USUAL SILENCE, the stripes of bright lights started to make their way across the dark sky. Bonnie, Kai and Daisy stood in the cave, watching through the hole above them as the shower began.

Daisy trembled with anticipation, the thought that she could truly be getting out of here this time was terrifying, but a good terrifying.

She wondered what it would feel like, if portal jumping, or whatever Kai called it, had any effect on the human brain. She got motion sick in cars usually, maybe it felt something like that. She couldn't even remember being sent here, and how it felt from all those years ago, so this was still a fairly new experience.

She stood close to Kai, a reflex she had when she felt like she needed some sort of protection. She didn't like that she had to go to him to feel that safety, but she was still constantly aware of where she fell on the supernatural food chain.

Daisy eyed Bonnie, watching her cautiously as she began to dig the sharp edges of The Ascendant into her palm, bleeding onto it.

As soon as her blood fell to the object, it's gears began to twist and turn with a quiet clanking sound. Bonnie lifted her head up towards the sky and nodded, signaling she was ready.

Kai glanced down at Daisy who stood next to him, sending her a reassuring nod and a soft smile as he gently grabbed her hand.

With her hand in his, she felt ready, ready for whatever came next. She was scared, but she knew she wasn't tackling it alone- they had each other. That's all they needed.

Daisy and Kai stepped forward into the ring of light, where Bonnie stood with her backpack at her feet. Daisy caught glance of the teddy bear inside of her bag, wondering why she decided to bring it along. Daisy then realized she didn't have anything to bring herself, but she also wasn't sure she wanted anything to remember this place by.

"Okay." Bonnie said, with a slight sigh. She eyed the couple in front of her before closing her eyes and beginning the spell.

Kai quickly latched onto Bonnie's arm, making both her and Daisy jump at the sudden movement. "Just in-case you were gonna try and leave without us." He winked.

Bonnie shot him a glare before returning to her previous position, eyes closed, but focused, as she continued her spell.

Kai gently squeezed Daisy's hand, and she could feel the anticipation radiate off of him too. She swallowed deeply, before taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes, knowing that a bright light is what came next.

She wondered what they'd do first when they got back. Would they go straight to find Kai's coven, or would they take a vacation? A vacation would be nice. A vacation where they're being served would be even better. Sure she'd been to a beach or two in her time here but she had to prepare her own meals, and there was no poolside drink service.

Maybe they'd find somewhere to live, maybe a house. Or an apartment. Or maybe she'd go to college. She hadn't even thought about college. She didn't have to go- but maybe she wanted to.

Maybe they'd go to concerts, that are packed door to door with people. Maybe they'd get jobs. Maybe they'd leave the country.