CHAPTER NINETY ONE

CHAPTER NINETY ONE
[91]
song: faith by the cure

"HM, YOU'RE ABOUT HALF AN HOUR OVER TIME." Damon says, sitting up from his spot on the couch as Daisy let herself in through the front door.

She reached into her coat pocket as she walked toward him. "Ran into some complications." She says, trying not to let the leftover uneasiness from her conversation with Kai show in her voice. She pulled out The Ascendant, coming to a stop in the archway of the living room.

Damon clinked his ring on the edge of his whiskey glass as he gestured toward it. "How do I know that's not a fake?" He asks.

Daisy made a bored face. "What do I gain from bringing you a fake one? I don't even know what you want with this." She says, continuing to walk toward him.

She kept it close to her chest, and with her other arm she held out an open hand. "Mine first." She says with a nod.

"What is she doing here?" A female voice says from behind her. Daisy and Damon both look up, and Daisy turns around to see Elena in the entryway, confused.

Daisy tries to contain her impatient nature, looking to Damon to explain. "She brought me The Ascendant that Kai said was nowhere to be found." Damon says.

Elena eyes Daisy, then looks back at Damon. "For free?"

Damon let's out a small scoff, "No," he says, reaching into his pocket for a small vile of assumedly his own blood. "For this."

Elena's eyes widen. "What?!" She says, walking over to them.

Daisy's eyes were now fully focused on the blood, studying it nervously. All she wanted to do was hand him The Ascendant, get the blood, and leave, but knew by the heavy footsteps approaching her that she wasn't gonna get out of this house without some sort of conflict.

"Damon, what are you doing?!" Elena says sternly.

"I'm trying to get my mother out of a prison world." Damon says, turning to her. "And if that means giving—" he turns to face Daisy for a split second, examining her now scar-free face as he tried to come up with a new foul nickname, but was deemed unsuccessful, "-her a vile of my blood— who cares?" He shrugs.

Elena looked at him like he was stupid. "So we're just turning anyone now? Even the ones that helped string me up in my high school and torture me?" 

"Okay, that was like two months ago." Daisy stepped in, earning a glare from Elena.

Elena turns back to face Damon with the same glare. "Damon." She says sternly.

Damon turned to Daisy, his conscience had clearly changed as his eyes fell down to The Ascendant in Daisy's hand. His shoulders had fallen and you could very clearly see him weighing his options.

"Sorry." Damon says, with a frustrated sigh. "Find a different blood bank."

Daisy ran her tongue over her teeth, trying her best to stifle her annoyance. "I had a feeling this would happen." She huffs, as she pushes The Ascendant out towards Damon. It hits his chest, and he catches it confusedly as Daisy turns around to leave. "Take it. I don't want it." She shrugs it off.