CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR

CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR
[64]
song: heaven angel by the driver era

"GEORGIA." Kai yelled out, interrupting the pleasant silence and startling Daisy so hard she could've had a heart attack.

She lifts her head up from leaning on the car window and turns to him slowly, with wide eyes. "You did that on purpose." She spoke angrily.

"Just making sure you're awake." Kai replied happily. His eyes find another broken down car on the road as he drove by, "Florida." He added. Daisy groaned and turned back to attempt to fall asleep. He glanced to her and then back to the road. "Don't get too comfortable. We're almost there."

"You've said that at least three times." Daisy sighs.

"Well, this time I mean it." Kai scoffed. "Texas!" He added excitedly as he pointed to another car they passed.

Daisy brought her hands to her face, rubbing her eyes as she spoke. "I'm going to kill you." She muttered.

"Aw, someone's grumpy." Kai frowned.

"Someone's grumpy." Daisy mocked, in a high pitch tone. "You know, there's only so many times we can listen to this fucking album." She says, finally leaning up to eject the tape that was in the car.

She grabbed it from the tape player and examined it. Kai grabbed it from her and put it back in the player, leading to Daisy plopping back in her seat with a huff. "Rebel Yell is easily the greatest album of all time." Kai said.

"I maybe would've agreed with you ten years ago, but considering this is all you choose to listen to it actually makes me want to scream." Daisy responded.

"Well, what do you want to listen to?" Kai asked annoyedly.

"Silence!" Daisy raised her voice, like it was obvious. "Silence, Kai."

All Kai could do was laugh at her response. "Not grumpy. Hangry." He corrected his comment from earlier.

"Maybe because someone didn't stop for food four hours ago." Daisy responded.

"Maybe you should've eaten before we left." Kai shrugged.

"Maybe you should've eaten before we left." Daisy mocked him again.

Kai let out a scoff, beginning to point to another car's license plate as they drove past it, but stopped when he saw the large sign welcoming them to the small Virginian town. "Welcome to Mystic Falls." He read aloud.

"What if these people aren't even here?" Daisy shrugged as they drove past the sign. "They could literally be anywhere and you're telling me they're still in this stupid old town?"

"Well, if they're not, we find something of theirs, do a locator spell, find wherever they moved to, and kill them there. Easy." He responded.

Daisy nodded in agreement, leaning back in her seat and letting herself relax. Her eyes trailed out the window and landed on another stray car. "Virginia." She said.

Kai shrugged a bit. "That doesn't count because we're in Virginia. The game is supposed to be naming the plates of states that we're not—"