CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE

CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE
[65]
song: yes i'm changing by tame impala

"AND I HATE PANCAKES." Bonnie shouts, stabbing the newly prepared pancakes in front of her with the pencil she had in hand.

"Woah, don't take it out on the pancakes." Damon said, with crossed arms. "Those pancakes, like myself, are waiting for you to go all witchy and get us the hell out of here."

Daisy sat on the kitchen counter of the large mansion she had come to realize was in fact, Damon's. She leaned her elbows on her knees, plopping her chin in her hands as she listened in on their conversation.

Bonnie abruptly stood up from the kitchen table she sat at, turning to face Damon but she stared directly into Daisy's eyes. Daisy held her breath for a split second, a part of her thinking that the cloaking spell had worn off and Bonnie really was staring right at her.

"You know I've been trying." Bonnie responds angrily.

Daisy follows Bonnie's gaze, turning around to find Damon doing the dishes behind her.

"And failing." Damon responds. Daisy rolls her eyes. "Further evidence, we're in hell. Not only am I stuck with you, I'm stuck with the useless version of you."

The sound of something hitting the floor from the living room caught Daisy's attention, she glanced up to the archway. Kai quickly picked up a book he just dropped, he looked up at Daisy and they exchanged wide eyed glances.

"Did you hear that?" Bonnie spoke, her gaze slowly turning to where Kai stood in the other room.

Daisy and Kai both turned to Bonnie, not daring to make another sound or any sudden movements.

"What would I have heard, Bonnie? We're the only people here." Damon says, swinging a dish towel over his shoulder. "We were the only people here two months ago and we're the only two people here now." He raises his voice.

"Well I swear I heard something!" Bonnie snaps back, once again looking right through Daisy to speak to Damon who stood behind her.

Kai slowly started to walk back into the kitchen. "Oops." He whispered, Daisy sends him a less than enthusiastic thumbs up.

"Maybe it's the sound of existential despair. Hear that's what Hell sounds like." Damon says sarcastically.

"Any updates?" Kai says, leaning against the archway.

"Lots of bickering." Daisy sighs, eyeing both Damon and Bonnie. "They're very dramatic."

"At least they haven't set anything on fire yet." Kai shrugs, Daisy sticks her tongue out at him.

"I have to spend every day on repeat with the person I like least on this earth." Bonnie shouts, then takes a much needed deep breath. She turns back around and grabs the newspaper off the table she was just sat at. "And I can't figure out this stupid crossword puzzle!" She raises her voice again, waving it in the air before throwing it back on the table, and stomping out of the room.

Damon tosses the last dirty plate in the sink before leaning against the opposite counter and letting out a huff. He lingered there for a few moments before eventually grabbing a bottle of bourbon and heading outside.