CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX
[6]

song: smalltown boy by bronski beat

"GOOD MORNING." Daisy says, getting in the passenger seat of Tommy's camero before he pulled out of her driveway.

Tommy had been driving Daisy to school every morning for the past two weeks. She felt bad, as her house was a bit out of the way, but he insisted that if they were going to be boyfriend and girlfriend— he shouldn't make her drive a bike everywhere.

He asked her out not long after their first kiss, and everything's been pretty okay. There was no need for awkward family introductions, since they already all knew each other. There was no need for having to get to know each other with those awkward 'new relationship' questions, since they've been classmates all throughout their educational careers. Everything seemed to be proceeding as normal.

"I have something for you." Tommy says, driving down the road. Daisy narrows her eyebrows at him and he gestures to the back seat. She turns around to see a box of donuts from Andy's.

"Yes!" Daisy says excitedly, turning around to grab the box.

Suddenly, Tommy slammed the breaks on and Daisy quickly resituated back in her seat. Tommy honks his horn at the black jeep driving in front of him, and it didn't take long for Daisy to recognize the car.

"This dick keeps break checking me." Tommy says angrily.

Daisy rolls her eyes. "Just ignore him and let him get ahead."
Tommy ignores her, speeding up to where he was practically riding the back of Kai's car. "Tommy, stop it." Daisy says.

Tommy rolls down his window and peaks his head out. "Hey asshole!" Tommy shouts, keeping his hands on the wheel as he drives.

Kai slams his breaks on again, Daisy felt her heart drop as she waited for impact between the two cars— but Tommy slams his breaks on too. Daisy couldn't see Kai's face, but she knew he had that smug expression plastered all over it.

"Fucking drive!" Tommy shouts out the window again as the two cars sat still in the middle of the road.

"Tommy." Daisy says, trying to calm him down.

Tommy leans back into the car as Kai began to drive again. "Jesus christ." Tommy scoffs, shaking his head.

Daisy swallows nervously. She'd never seen Tommy angry, she'd never even seen him curse. She'd also be lying if she said it wasn't a little bit attractive. "He's crazy." She says, trying to make conversation.

"Who is he?" Tommy says, following Kai's car down the road to school.

Daisy shrugs. "Kai Parker. Josette's brother. They moved in next door remember?."

Tommy glances at her and back to the road. "That prick's your neighbor?"

Daisy returns to grabbing the box of donuts from the backseat, she opens it up and takes a bite from one of the donuts decorated with pink icing. "Unfortunately." She says with a full mouth. "Thank you for these, by the way."